Tooled-up.com - don't get conned by their shipping charges

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
Needed a cheapie workmate. When I got to checkout I chose the option to pay extra for am delivery. However, this has turned out to be a futile exercise since the item is on 48 hour despatch...but not necessarily 48 hours...it could come earlier...so that means I'd have to stay in two days twiddling thumbs.

So it was a waste of money paying for the am delivery (which day??). Customer Service's attitude was ' it says 48 hours so that's what we do'. Oblivious to their misleading website re am delivery. Told me that goods were on their way...I should have received an email...which I didn't.

Won't use them again.

Roger

Unfortunately this is the downside of web sales. No relationship, loyalty or customer service required. Price and convenience is the basis of most deals for the consumer, and if you don't buy from them again, someone else will come along on a 'google' search.

On the flip side, I have stopped paying for overnight delivery from Hafele and Axminster on the basis that everything comes next day anyway! Certainly Hafele have a deal with their couriers that everything automatically goes on a next day service. Bit of a con then to ask for extra funds to 'guarantee' it.

Cheers

Tim

Why don't I read my own posts!!!

Ordered some Fein stuff a few days ago. Nothing heard from them. I then checked up progress to see they 'are trying to source from our supplier'. Order cancelled.

Folkestone Fixings on Ebay are pretty good value for Fein, or were last time I bought blades.

I'd never consider paying for next day, the premium most companies ask it tantamount to extortion especially when, as you found, they don't stick to it half the time. My parents ordered something from Amazon a while back and paid for next day delivery and it took nearly two months to turn up. They hadn't noticed it was out of stock, when they complained Amazon just said "hard luck" they sent it out the day they got it in stock by next day delivery. Such an unbelievable rip off, they must think the punters are stupid or something.

Axminster delivery I can't fault though. It's nearly always next day and generally free. Their heavy goods delivery is excellent as well although I'd like it to be a little cheaper, feels a bit strong at £49.

wobblycogs":37rvmace said:
.... My parents ordered something from Amazon a while back and paid for next day delivery and it took nearly two months to turn up. They hadn't noticed it was out of stock, when they complained Amazon just said "hard luck" they sent it out the day they got it in stock by next day delivery.......

Actually that touches on another 'rip-off' and that relates to trying to buy books that are out of print but there are new copies available...or so Amazon, their marketplace buyers, WH Smith, Waterstones et al would have you believe. Try a search and their websites all come up and say 'I've got one and it will cost £x'. So you order it...and wait ...and wait...and wait. In fact their stock control systems are either (a) 100% useless (b) non-existent or (c) they do it to stop you buying from someone else.

Personally I don't think that any company should offer things for sale on the web if they don't have them in stock.

Latest posts

Back