Tool Tote WIP - Very Long and loads of pics. Update finished

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi syntec,

That is lovely work. I had a yen to build a tote from that particular design, but I decided to modify the old 'drop-lid' joiners site-chest, instead. My son 'stole' it!

Just a matter of personal taste though, in that I think the curved handles are at odds with the 'angular' features of overall design. But I would think it's comfy to hold. So again, it's a personal thing!
=D>
John

Don't worry Blister...

One day your wish will be granted, and you might feel you should have been careful what you wished for!

And I can't draw straight lines, so I make do with
'wriggly' ones, and turn them into design noodling!

I am at the 'long' end of my woodworking career, if you like to call it that. It wasn't so much a journey, as an adventure... So if you are at the other end I wish you all the best. There's a lot of fun and tears in store... \:D/

John

As promised, I managed to get both Totes completed.

Not managed to fill the 'woodwork' tote with any Posh tools yet. But the 'Installation' kit is full of stuff I already had.

2413407890086417573S600x600Q85.jpg

In the Van

The Installation kit

2469509810086417573S600x600Q85.jpg

2162418530086417573S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for looking

Lee.

Andy- No idea, but I'll put them on the kitchen scales when SWMBO has gone to bed....

I'm not doing it now, she'll think I've gone (even more)nuts :D

Lee.

Great stuff. You've certainly got style and the tote's definitely a statement. Great write up and photos too. Going to have to get me a copy of that book - I need a decent cabinet to hide away my tools!

Cheers, Ted

Back