Tool sharpening service for around 30 chisels?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

raythompson102

Ray 102
Reaction score
Hi all.

My father passed away around 7 years ago and I used his lathe a few times but not long later, as I had no space for it, I had to put the lathe and many other tools in storage.
I've recently started renting a workshop space and been able to use the lathe a couple of times, however most of the chisels are in serious need of some sharpening.
There are quite a few, around 30 I think, some quite old that he inherited from HIS father, others from other turners. As there are so many, and I'd used and mis-sharpened a few in the past, I owe it to my dad and would really like to find someone to give them all a proper go around.

I'm based in London but don't mind sending or driving somewhere to have them looked at. Could anyone recommend someone who would sharpen around 20-30 turning chisels?

Many thanks
Best bet is a local woodturning club. It would be worth joining anyway if you are interested in woodturning. It is a great fountain of knowledge and many like minded people.

Robbo3

Established Member
Reaction score
Or post your photo on here along with your grinder & jigs (if any) because you have to mimic someone else's grinds with your equipment.