Tool reviews

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

South

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi would like to ask if anyone has any experience of an mpower ts 300 table saw? Or have a link to any reviews please, as I cannot find any. Unfortunately there are no local woodworking machinery retailers in Cornwall (that I can find ) that hold much if any table saw's. I am interested in this machine but open to any recommendations. I have read many of the forums and see that the sip is very popular.
Thanks you
South.

Hi South,

Never heard of mpower myself, but Axminster's not that far from you, worth taking the 4 hour round trip if you're going to be spending that sort of money. See here.

Worth looking on Ebay as well, there's usually stuff coming up, and I've seen a few down your neck of the woods, they let you come and view before you buy, unless they're dodgy of course. :)

Good luck. _Dan

Hi Dan I took the trip up to Axminster a few weeks ago, considered there
AW10BSB2 Saw Bench
And there plus range
Plus TSCE-12R 305mm Table Saw
Everyone was very friendly and couldn't be more helpful. I have just read a few very poor reviews of Axminster and was put off slightly.
South

South":348r413c said:
Hi Dan I took the trip up to Axminster a few weeks ago, considered there
AW10BSB2 Saw Bench
And there plus range
Plus TSCE-12R 305mm Table Saw
Everyone was very friendly and couldn't be more helpful. I have just read a few very poor reviews of Axminster and was put off slightly.
South

I purchased the Axminster AW10 tablesaw around five years ago and mine has been a good tool, recently purchased their 450N bandsaw and got some good sales and delivery service.

South":2tzncsht said:
I have just read a few very poor reviews of Axminster and was put off slightly.

The only complaints I've ever heard about Axy were a couple of things about fences on their cheap morticers- that were easily fixed. Their customer services are generally second to none, and most of their products are top notch.

I'd give them another go if I were you, I'm pretty sure they will let you return anything that you deem not fit for purpose (though obviously check with them first). But personally, I'd go down the Ebay route. I got a Scheppach TS4010 with all the trimmings for a touch under £900. Well worth it IMHO.

Cheers _Dan.

I have been buying from Axminster for I don't know how long an in my opinion they have the best Staff and Customer Support I have come accross. Nothing is too much trouble from the smallest items to the largest. If you only want advice on somthing they will help you as much as they can.

CHeers

Dave

Not sure if it helps but the MPower TS300 appears to be identical to the Axminster Plus TSCE-12R, although it could be that one has better QC or something.

I'm looking at this/these saws myself atm, so interested to see what you find out

Back