Tool Passaround.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rileytoolworks

Established Member
Reaction score
Good evening all.
Hope you had a merry Christmas, and plenty of workshop time.
As some of you are aware, I have been working on a few tool designs for a while now, and I'm at a point where I need some input from real woodworkers, not just my wife!
This was the awl I made for Liamscanlan as part of the Secret Santa this year.
awlweb3-1.jpg

awlweb2-1.jpg

awlweb-1.jpg

It's made of stainless steel, cocobolo and the replaceable point is hardened silver steel.

I plan on making these (and other tools to be announced) in small batches to keep costs realistic, and I'm thinking of doing a passaround, if there's enough interest.

So far, I have
Mike C
Jimi43
Condeesteso
Karl.

If you would like to take part, all I ask is that, when you receive the tool, you keep it for a few days then send it to the next person on the list. I won't be sending it in a presentation box to keep postage to a minimum.
As a thank you for taking part, and providing me with feedback, I will enter the names of all participants into a hat, and the lucky winner will get to keep the awl.

As I have 4 people already, I'm looking for another 6 to take part, so please copy the list and add your name to the bottom and post it as a reply in this thread.

Thanks for reading this far.

If you miss out on this passaround, stay tuned because I plan on doing the same with future new lines.

Adam.

I would be interested in trying that. It looks lovely and if it works as well as it looks then it should be great.

The list so far
Mike C
Jimi43
Condeesteso
Karl.
BobScarle

Bob

It's a real work of art Adam, I'd love to give it a quick go.

The list so far;
Mike C
Jimi43
Condeesteso
Karl.
BobScarle
Houtslager
Scouse

Thanks

El.

That looks great Adam, I will just admire it from a distance, chances are it would get lost at my place :lol:

We're getting there...
The list so far;
Mike C
Jimi43
Condeesteso
Karl
BobScarle
Houtslager
Scouse
JonnyD
Last two places left. If there are no more takers then we'll just press on as is. Gives you boys a better chance of winning!
I got some workshop time today, and managed to rig up a vacuum stabilising fixture, so I can press ahead with the next one in the next few weeks (if I'm not on stop-overs in January).
There's a choice of timbers. I could do another in cocobolo, or I have some very dark blackwood.
I'll go with the majority vote.
Thanks for the compliments.

Adam.

That is truly beautiful. A lovely piece.

Could I sneak onto the end of the list?

Mike C
Jimi43
Condeesteso
Karl
BobScarle
Houtslager
Scouse
JonnyD
Knappers

Many thanks

Si.

Mike C
Jimi43
Condeesteso
Karl
BobScarle
Houtslager
Scouse
JonnyD
Knappers
Gary

Right then, that's 11.

Thanks for taking part everyone, I'll start work on it this week and get it sent to Mike as soon as possible.
Will keep this thread updated with the progress.

Thanks, and Happy New Year.

Adam.

I'd like to participate, but I would probably want to put it in my rack, and send you a cheque, instead of passing on the tool!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

John

Just a quick update.
I've been staying away with work, and been ill to boot. Got back on this today, and the spikes are in the oven as I type, being tempered.
Hopefully I'll get some photos tonight and post it to Mike tomorrow.
Thanks for your patience.

Adam.

Back