Tool Passaround.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, having had a chance this afternoon to take the awl out of its packing, I must say that the fit and finish of the tool are second to none. It is absolutely flawless. Works well too, but I think that's a bit of a side issue :lol:

There is little point me adding to the pics already posted, suffice to say that they don't do it justice - I doubt any picture could! (No criticism of your photo skills Jimi which far exceed mine).

If this is the quality of workmanship which you intend to produce for any future product lines Adam I think you'll do really well - there is an international market for this kind of craftsmanship (eg Chris Vesper).

Well done mate.

Cheers

Karl

Well, what can I say. I have the awl and it is very much the quality piece that I was expecting. It is heavy, feels very sold and very well made. The point is sharp, no sorry, the point is very sharp! My only criticism would be the length of the spike, I would prefer a little shorter. I like the shape and the way it fits my hand. It's easy to use.

So, awl in awl (sorry) a lovely tool that works as well as it looks. What more can you want.

I think next on the list is Houtslager. Can you PM me your address please. If I can get the awl out of my drawer then I will send it to you. It is well worth waiting for.

Bob

BTW. I am not going to get into the car debate, but if I did, it would have to be an Aston Martin!

I still have the awl and asked for Houtslager to send his address to me. Instead he sent the following response.

You will have to skip me now, as am in the States, will be back in Europe in 4 weeks.

Thanks and keep me on the list.

It looks like Scouse is next on the list, so could you send me an address to post it to, please.

Bob

Well the awl arrived today, thanks to Bob for sending it on and to Adam for putting the tool in our hands.

All I can say is WOW. Absolutely beautiful sculptural design which fits the hand well and is very comfortable to use. It has a good weight, heavy enough to inspire confidence in its longevity, but not too heavy to use comfortably.

The length was ideal for me, more comfortable than most in fact, as I tend to use two hands with tools such as this, one to guide and one to push pairing style, but I note the earlier design and I guess it's just personal preference.

Beautiful wood and steel, all superbly engineered with real attention to detail. Overall a genuinely impressive tool, one of the first of many I hope.

I believe JonnyD is after me, but I have misplaced the pm with your address, so if you could send it to me again, I would be grateful.

El.

Hi Adam

I'm managing very little woodwork at the minute so couldn't do it justice but if you want my opinion, it's a beautiful tool and I would be shocked at any enthusiast who wasn't proud to own it. I certainly would be!

Bob

Unfortunately this seems to have gone AWOl, so the giveaway cannot now go ahead. Thanks to all who took part, and please accept my apologies for the anti climax.

Adam.

Just tried checking out the toolworks website but it seems to be a WIP. How is it coming along?

What a great shame.
That's the 2nd pass around (that I know of) that's gone wrong?
The Liogier Rasp got lost in transit and a claim to the PO did not get anywhere?

Rod

Apologies to Adam ive found the Awl I had wrapped and ready to send on and it had fallen behind the seats in the van where it lay forgotten about for 2 months until i found it yesterday when giving the van a clearout :oops: :oops: :oops:

It really is most magnificent and i will make sure it carries on its journey tomorrow

cheers

Jonny

James C":1qdt9rs5 said:
Just tried checking out the toolworks website but it seems to be a WIP. How is it coming along?
It's on hold at the moment, unfortunately James. I've taken on a workshop as I'm trying to go self employed in the 'day job' (bespoke kitchens), and I have to dedicate all my time to that at the moment.

Jonny, that is great news mate. When I was fitting full time, I once cleaned out the cab after I couldn't take the God awful smell any more. I found a carrier bag behind the seat with two tuna sandwiches in. I have no idea how long they'd been there but they were rank!

All the best, and thanks for the kind words.

Adam.

Just thought I'd post a quickie on this.
If anyone has this in their possession, and is reluctant to return it out of embarrassment, I'm calling an awl amnesty.
If you would like to return it so I can go ahead with the giveaway (after all this time), please contact one of the mods, and I'll ask them to pass on my details so you can return it anonymously.

All the best.

Adam.

Aces and Eights":1qtqtzd8 said:
Just thought I'd post a quickie on this.
If anyone has this in their possession, and is reluctant to return it out of embarrassment, I'm calling an awl amnesty.
If you would like to return it so I can go ahead with the giveaway (after all this time), please contact one of the mods, and I'll ask them to pass on my details so you can return it anonymously.

All the best.

Adam.

Its a real shame this has happened but if anyone has it Pm me or post it to the address on my website and I will pass it back to Aces and Eights "No questions Asked" to save any embarrassment.

Roger

Back