Tool offers / rent

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On another, possibly unmentionable, forum we run a voluntary members map with resolution no finer than the first half of postcode ie the postal town.
Anyone wanting to stay anonymous simply does not request they are added to the map.
The map has no further information but it allows any member to see other members living nearby and use the PM system to make an approach to enquire about requests or offers help, friendship etc etc
I think going way back there was a similar map here but I've not been able to find one in its current manifestation.

Last edited:
On another, possibly unmentionable, forum we run a voluntary members map with resolution no finer than the first half of postcode ie the postal town.
Anyone wanting to stay anonymous simply does not request they are added to the map.
The map has no further information but it allows any member to see other members living nearby and use the PM system to make an approach to enquire about requests or offers help, friendship etc etc
I think going way back there was a similar map here but I've not been able to find one in its current manifestation.

Could you possibly pm me a link to that, please? Interesting info

Thanks for the link. Yeah looks nice this map. But I found it difficult to find a way to contact said person, and or what gear they have. Amazing how many people got in touch there.

Alright folks. Other thread created, that hopefully is not that confusing, and I should be able to build the list of those helpful individuals.

Here

Just wanted to say that your new thread is the right way to do it, but did not want to post in there and detract from its format , if you see what I mean.
This is a most admirable aim and I hope this list grows. I will not add my name to it for various reasons discussed on this thread.

However that does not mean I am not willing to help. I have been thinking perhaps another list or forum section could be setup the other way around where people can ask for help and those in a position to do so can respond.
That way users can respond if they are local and not too busy etc.

So you could say. 300mm wide board needs planing Bristol area. Or cnc pattern required Edinborough etc.

Ollie

Last edited:
Just wanted to say that your new thread is the right way to do it, but did not want to post in there and detract from its format , if you see what I mean.
This is a most admirable aim and I hope this list grows. I will not add my name to it for various reasons discussed on this thread.

However that does not mean I am not willing to help. I have been thinking perhaps another list or forum section could be setup the other way around where people can ask for help and those in a position to do so can respond.

So you could say. 300mm wide board needs planing Bristol area. Or cnc pattern required Edinborough etc.

Ollie
Thanks for your note. Good to hear something positive.

I'm not going to be setting up another one, but it sounds like a cool idea. Feel free to set it up..?

Cheers

I have been thinking perhaps another list or forum section could be setup the other way around where people can ask for help and those in a position to do so can respond.

Ollie
I think that's a great idea, a Help Wanted section on the board index, as you say folks could post up their location & what they want help with, seems a really easy answer, perhaps worth putting to the mods/owners?

@Myfordman Could you PM me a link to that please?

Couple years ago on here I was offered the use of an industrial drum sander for my table top I made, just in exchange for a pack of buscuits.

So I'd happily help anyone starting out or they don't have the space for a certain tool or just need something for one project.

What goes around comes around and all that, I've had a great experience from this forum so willing to assist in that further.

It's just about being sensible,
- not agreeing to put 20 rotten scaffold boards through your thicknesser
- don't get sucked into their project unless you want to.

A neighbour asked to borrow some saws to fit out his wood panelling on van, a lent him an old thing (because screwfix is only down the road) but also wanted my opinion, basically wanted help with it. No chance lol I don't like the geezer...

Stansted Essex -
Mitre saw
Bandsaw
Planer Thicknesser
Old table saw

Couple years ago on here I was offered the use of an industrial drum sander for my table top I made, just in exchange for a pack of buscuits.

So I'd happily help anyone starting out or they don't have the space for a certain tool or just need something for one project.

What goes around comes around and all that, I've had a great experience from this forum so willing to assist in that further.

It's just about being sensible,
- not agreeing to put 20 rotten scaffold boards through your thicknesser
- don't get sucked into their project unless you want to.

A neighbour asked to borrow some saws to fit out his wood panelling on van, a lent him an old thing (because screwfix is only down the road) but also wanted my opinion, basically wanted help with it. No chance lol I don't like the geezer...

Stansted Essex -
Mitre saw
Bandsaw
Planer Thicknesser
Old table saw

Thanks, happy to add you. Just for your info, it needs to be in here, because I cannot edit the header of this thread anymore.

Back