Tool identification help!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matthew44

Reaction score
Hello, I have a question about an old King Dick tool. I was passed down an old King Dick adjustable wrench from my nana and on it, it has a made in mark of 'sweden'. But looking on King Dick's website it states that King Dick tools are made in Birmingham. I have looked on the website about the company's history and I don't see anything about the tools made in Sweden. Thanks in advance. Matthew

Attachments

• IMG_20220327_211915.jpg
    IMG_20220327_211915.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 113
Had a couple of king dick adjustable spanner’s and the writing was stamped or cast on the tools and was raised . Sadly they were stolen in a burglary many years ago -pity as the gent who gave them to me was an ex toolmaker who passed away on his allotment next to mine ..

Being made in Sweden it should be good. I can't help with the KD history however. My favourite shifter has Sweden on the handle and is gray black not chromed. Nice and smooth and no slop.
Regards
John

if it'smade in sweden, or perhaps a bahco, it may be a left handed adjustable spanner! And it is!
here's an image pf a crescent wench..
1648700066787.png

and if you expand the image of the original post yu wil see that the diagonals run in the opposite direction!

Yes, there are left and right handed monkey wrenches.....
1648702334796.png

Last edited:
Is it metric or Imperial? Bet it doesn't have temperature compensating jaws. 🤣

I have a little 4" Bahco "t'umb wrench" about 64 years old that my father bought me for my Mechano set. I kept bending open the jaws of the wrenches that came with the sets. I'm less of a graunch artist now. 😉

Pete

Hello, I have a question about an old King Dick tool.
Some interesting information about the company here.

It could be from the AKD heritage collection tools. It looks exactly like my Baho adjustable spanner,

IMG_5829.JPG

so they might have some of the heritage collection made by Bahco. See here. They contradict themselves a bit. "" Still manufactured in Birmingham UK, the Heritage Collection is created from state of the art products inspired by the original tools, and aesthetically sympathetic to the originals to provide a traditional, visually authentic finish. "" then they say "" Some products are selectively chosen by us at Abingdon King Dick, and are not of our manufacture, all such items are of assured and tested high quality and warranted by us accordingly. "" the font used on your spanner is the same as they have on their heritage collection pliers and they talk about "" Traditional double ended box spanners also feature, again period correct with a black finish, ""
Contact AKD to see if it is one of their tools. Either way, it's from you Nana, so a very precious tool. I got my Bahco from my dad. It is one of my most treasured tools.

Me auld lad has possibly an older one than that, with raised casting on the lettering, though I didn't recall any mention of Sweden on the tool.
Must look again to see.

Tom

Back