Tool identification - a box full of various

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stefan999

Reaction score
Hi All,

have been a long term lurker on this form and earned a lot from the excellent advice. However I thought Id post a question now.

A year ago I bought a lathe second hand from someone who had boxes of assorted tools included with it as a job lot.

Most of them I use but some left over have some random items in them I dont know exactly what they are.
They may or may not bet be for the lathe. The person I bought it of was selling them for a relative and there was a huge amount of stuff that had been bought from Axminster which had already been sold and this was left over.

I was hoping the people here can help

I'll post some pictures

Attachments

• item 1.png
    item 1.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 361
  • Item 2.png
    Item 2.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 361
  • Item_3.png
    Item_3.png
    548 KB · Views: 361
Here are the other photos....

Attachments

• Item_4.png
    Item_4.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 358
  • Item_5.png
    Item_5.png
    870.4 KB · Views: 358
  • Item_6.png
    Item_6.png
    982.2 KB · Views: 358
  • Item_7.png
    Item_7.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 358
  • Item_8.png
    Item_8.png
    807.9 KB · Views: 358
I'm first so I am allowed to answer the only easy one... Number 7 is a clamp for an electric drill so you can mount it on the edge of the bench with a wire wheel or similar on it.
If you think it looks sturdy and reliable enough, and you have an old drill with that size collar on it, you could try it - but I would prefer something more robust.

You could always just keep the clamp part for those times you don't want to grip properly... :wink:

Item 3 is part of a tape measure used to see how long things are before cutting too much off.

Item one is a guide for hand taps. Item 3 is the tap holder which goes through the centre of the guide.

Hand tapping guide.jpg

Attachments

• Hand tapping guide.jpg
    Hand tapping guide.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 284
Hi All,
Just been thinking, seeing as I dont know what these are anyway, if anyone wants them Im happy to give them away free of charge.
Easiest for anyone local to Wilmslow ( sk9 area) first. Let me know

Stefan

Back