Tool dealer in Liskeard, Cornwall

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Okay, so maybe of limited appeal to the majority, but you never know.

Got an email from "Bob" at http://www.bobstoolbox.co.uk/ today (website still under construction, but then, who's isn't?). Before I add him to the dealer list, just wondered if anyone was familiar with him? If you're in the area, opening times are mornings only 8-2, Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat at Liskeard Cattle Market. Dunno when I'll manage it, but I would hope to get up there myself before too long and be able to report personally... :whistle:

Yep, knew it was worth doing a list of old tool dealers - now they're coming to me! :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Well even if I don't get there, at least it's prompted me to update my dealer page. I thought I'd take advantage of Frappr and add a map at long last. Strangely it gives the impression I'm living in a regular hot bed of old tool haunts, which just ain't so! As ever, if anyone knows of somewhere that should be added, please let me know. :D

Cheers, Alf

Will be down in cornwall in a few weeks, sorting out the wedding, so might check it out while i'm there.

Shame i won't be able to make it up for tools 2005 tho.

Trago Mills, bring it on :lol:

Matt.

Alf,
I like the Toolshop Frappr! You need to relocate the two places in Needham Market though. Needham Market is just off the A14 between Stowmarket and Ipswich.

waterhead37":1aruvszg said:
Alf,
I like the Toolshop Frappr! You need to relocate the two places in Needham Market though. Needham Market is just off the A14 between Stowmarket and Ipswich.
I know that. The software doesn't. ](*,)

Cheers, Alf

At the risk of being pedantic, you have manage to locate Classic Tools in Ipswich which is a heck of a lot closer to Needham Market than Cambridge! :-k

Well Needham Market as far as Frappr is concerned is there; there's nothing I can do alter it. The alternative is to have a mis-leading address in the text, which I think is rather less helpful. It at least gives the gist of what's in any given area, which was what I wanted.

Cheers, Alf

Alf,
Frappr is unfortunately using a geocoder that is just plain wrong. If it used a decent one, then what you might see would be along these lines..

http://woodgen.com/Map3.htm

Trouble is to build something like Frappr would take a lot of time and I am too busy in the workshop - that's my excuse, anyway

waterhead37":1om0o69t said:
Alf,
Frappr is unfortunately using a geocoder that is just plain wrong. If it used a decent one, then what you might see would be along these lines..

http://woodgen.com/Map3.htm

Trouble is to build something like Frappr would take a lot of time and I am too busy in the workshop - that's my excuse, anyway

so how does that work chris? i take it that u have it running on your webserver? or is it just a link?

Matt1245":7128dl7l said:
Will be down in cornwall in a few weeks, sorting out the wedding, so might check it out while i'm there.

Shame i won't be able to make it up for tools 2005 tho.

Trago Mills, bring it on :lol:

Matt.

Matt , I looked in at Trago Mills Newton Abbot, Devon the other week, first time since their reopening after the fire. The tool section seems to have gone up market quite considerably since my earlier visits. No signs of any heavy machinery though.

Thats ok, no room for heavy machinery, so i'll just poke aboiut the hand tools, see if there are any bargains. Also i'll try to clear them out of tung oil again like i did in the summer.

It'll be the falmouth one for me tho.

Matt.

Latest posts

Back