tool cleaning

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kityuser

Established Member
Reaction score
just finished a large decking job for a mate, most of my tools (hand and power) got damp and dirty. Thus I cleaned all tools with WD40 and a rag.

All brushes were removed/cleaned all blades were removed/cleaned.

just wondering how often people serviced thier tools normally......

I confess I'm rather lazy and tend to clean up in two instances:

1) before starting the first cut or

2) when there is no more clean space in my hole and there are shavings, sawdust, tools, chisels, rubbish, sandpapers, bits and pieces all over the place and my wife's forbids me the access to the kitchen "in that state !"

Cheers
Alberto

I really like to keep things clean and tidy as I go along. On a good day I'll tidy the workshop and tools before I leave. Then (like now) it also gets very messy and the tools are everywhere. I'll give it all a good tidy up shortly and then it'll stay fine again for a few more weeks.
I'll give tools a good wipe over or blow out with the air compressor every week or so.
One local commercial workshop I visited had wood chippings a foot deep all over the entire floor (no kidding). It looked like one of the most dangerous places you could operate tools!

Back