Tool chest

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Anarchist tool chest by Swartz seem to bring big tool chests back to the fore, as has been said your workmanship is faultles, I know a couple of woodworkers who have made similar over the last few years & they’ve all ended up attaching casters to them due to the weight.

The Anarchist tool chest by Swartz seem to bring big tool chests back to the fore, as has been said your workmanship is faultles, I know a couple of woodworkers who have made similar over the last few years & they’ve all ended up attaching casters to them due to the weight.
Thank you, I agree with you.
I intended this "Italianist":giggle: tool chest for a stationary use as if it was a little cabinet, to be moved outside the shop only in occasional events, for example to work in other places for a time period.

The tools contained into the chest are sufficient for little or medium realizzations and indeed those tools were been used for building the chest.

I think I'll do a base with casters for placing it to side of the bench or easily move it to another work postation around the shop.

Great work, G. Love the design, love the mix of old and new tools.. are those Lidl chisels in there?
Did the paint take a long time to dry? It looks so good I fancy trying it on one of my projects.

Great work, G. Love the design, love the mix of old and new tools.. are those Lidl chisels in there?
Did the paint take a long time to dry? It looks so good I fancy trying it on one of my projects.
Thanks
Yes, the chisels are from Lidl, not bad although they need a more frequent sharpening.
The milk paint dries within several hours, depending of course from temperature.
I waited 24 h before oil application.

Really nice. I especially like the well-fitted interior compartments. Too often one sees these kinds of chests built with trays and drawers with no fittings, where tools just clunk around on top of each other and roll around when the units are slid on their runners. All of which defeats the purpose.

Back