Tool chest hardware supplier

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msparker

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm building a Dutch tool chest and need hardware for it. Looking for strap hinges, a hasp and some lifts. I saw a 2015 thread on the same topic but the limited suggestions don't seem to exist these days.

The ones in this post look great but the guy made them himself! Traveling Dutch Tool Chest ( Lid, Hardware and Paint)

Does anybody have any suggestions for where I might get them?

I made a Dutch tool chest 18 months ago. I used the 9 inch arrow end pewter T hinges from here: Hand Forged Hinges

I've been happy with the hinges, and the company were easily to deal with. I also found another supplier of similar products (Black T Hinges | The Rustic Merchant's range of vintage door fittings), but I've never ordered anything from them, so can't comment on their service.

I didn't need a hasp or lifts, so cant comment on those either.

I'm building a Dutch tool chest and need hardware for it. Looking for strap hinges, a hasp and some lifts. I saw a 2015 thread on the same topic but the limited suggestions don't seem to exist these days.

The ones in this post look great but the guy made them himself! Traveling Dutch Tool Chest ( Lid, Hardware and Paint)

Does anybody have any suggestions for where I might get them?

Are we going to get a thread on this build? Would be great to see some photos

Are we going to get a thread on this build? Would be great to see some photos

Yep I'll post progress once things heat up a little! I'm intrigued how it's going to turn out as I'm going a bit off the standard dimensions.

Thanks all for the links, a few I hadn't seen before and some good looking options!

You could look for a local blacksmith offering taster days, they look doable in a day with some instruction.

You could look for a local blacksmith offering taster days, they look doable in a day with some instruction.

That would be epic! I've googled London blacksmiths and not found but much I might try a bit harder given this idea

I occasionally stop at a fuel station that sells stuff like that, made by a local blacksmith. I have never needed any of it though so have not paid much attention, but at least I know where I could get it locally should the need arise. I might get a photo next time I am there.

Latest posts

Back