Tool brand recommendations for dovetails

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not quite sure where to start in replying. As always an insane response! So thankyou! I have read an digested all.

i will purchase a cheaper western tenon for now, the victor marking gauge, the Stanley knife recommended by Derek,

Now with chisels. I presume “ones with a good bevel” means tapered edges so you can get into angled corners?

Lastly concerns have started after Oralloons comment regarding dovetails are unusual for bed construction. I chose dovetails asI thought it would showcase the fact that solid walnut has been used in its construction. Does anyone have any other recommendations that might be more bed-appropriate?

Not quite sure where to start in replying. As always an insane response! So thankyou! I have read an digested all.

i will purchase a cheaper western tenon for now, the victor marking gauge, the Stanley knife recommended by Derek,

Now with chisels. I presume “ones with a good bevel” means tapered edges so you can get into angled corners?

Lastly concerns have started after Oralloons comment regarding dovetails are unusual for bed construction. I chose dovetails asI thought it would showcase the fact that solid walnut has been used in its construction. Does anyone have any other recommendations that might be more bed-appropriate?

Dovetails are perfectly fine for a bed, depending what you are using them for.

Back