Tommy Walsh's Workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

motownmartin

Established Member
Reaction score
I see this morning their was a repeat run of Tommy Walsh's ultimate workshop, guess what, yep, I missed it, well most of it, did anyone record it on DVD, if so I would like to purchase a copy.

When I have learnt enough I hope to build my own workshop, my backyard is 150 feet long so there's plenty of room, won't be this year though, I have to clear 6 apple trees.

If anyone can help with the DVD's please PM me.

Thanks

Dont bother I watched it first time around and it was rubbish.

Started off good but then he spent more time building a plasma TV / chill out area than actually building a decent workshop.

chipp71970":2w16i6gh said:
Dont bother I watched it first time around and it was rubbish.

Started off good but then he spent more time building a plasma TV / chill out area than actually building a decent workshop.
Thats the bit I did see and wasn't too bothered about doing anything like that, I just want too see and learn how to do things properly.

motownmartin":f5dafkm8 said:
I just want too see and learn how to do things properly.

I'm sorry... You wanted to watch Tommy Walsh to learn how to do things properly? He is the biggest cowboy going. :D

BTW, I have watched Ultimate Workshop and there are quite a few programs on the general build. So it would probably be worth you watching. I can't help you with copies though, sorry.

Having previously seen this program I would say the actual workshop build is ok. The end result however is far from "Ultimate". He seems to have done some deal with a well known tool shop and given a home to their entire budget range. Not a patch on many members workshops I'm sure.

Well thats my opinion, I expect to be shot down for it.

In my opinion, humble as it is, i reckon you would be better off watching `The workshop that John built`.
you will see not only how he does the building of the general fabric of the place, but also the kitting out and some of the reasoning behind it. He also visits some other workshops so you can blag some ideas from them as well.
As for Tommy....it sounded good but in the end it was YEEEEEHAAAAAAAAA !

Piggy

I met someone years ago who worked with Tommy Walsh they thought he was a cowboy too.

We have been thru this before on the forum and lots of people agreed that he's a right bodger.

Alan Herd knows his stuff , I suppose he has to put up with Tommy because he's the bigger star or he was.

He showed people how to build a good workshop(building),then after that it
was entertainment.Coyboy :oops: thats a new one.
Tommy Walsh is a builder,Alan Herd is a joiner or is he a restorer :?
Yes tommy Walsh is a tv star the rest are just guests :lol:

Hi fellas,
Recorded both Tommys "Ultimate" Workshop and the Workshop John built....unfortunately they are both on my Sky+ box, so if anyone can/knows how to get them to DVD they are more than welcome to a copy...

watched as John Revell visited David Charlesworth discussing hand tools, (dropped a hint that David does do courses to SWMBO...hoping :roll: ) and was blown away by how easy his planes cut wood....

The actual build of Tommy's workshop is worth seeing. You just have to ignore the 'TV' Bullsh*t'. This was his début at producing his own TV programme, instead of being the hired presenter. He well and truly over egged the pudding.

Talking of workshops, what do you reckon to this little beauty, I wonder if its worth buying the plans.

Wow, what a building, you even get a porch where you can sit and play the banjo as you watch the canoes go by. !
:D

Piggy

first time I hear about this Tommy Walsh but I can tell you that this workshop was pretty amazing with the huge windows and the up and down mezzanine. maybe wasn't the best woodworking program I ever seen but I enjoy it, and I think he was quite right in the middle between educative and entertainment

I pretty much agree with what's been said. Although, seeing it when it first aired a couple of years ago, I kind of enjoyed some of it - despite the end result... Hey, don't blame me! I'm too young to know any better!! :D

In reality, once you have your concrete base, there's not an awful lot you need to know about putting up four stud walls, adding a roof on top and then cladding it really. You cannot touch the electrics, so that's sorted. Then, it's just a case of insulating and cladding the inside and adding a floor, doors and windows.

The hardest part has got to be finding the money for the entire build! :wink:

OPJ":35uf1nrl said:
In reality, once you have your concrete base, there's not an awful lot you need to know about putting up four stud walls, adding a roof on top and then cladding it really. You cannot touch the electrics, so that's sorted. Then, it's just a case of insulating and cladding the inside and adding a floor, doors and windows.

Yes but visually seeing it go together is invaluable. If you combine this with 'The Workshop John Built' then you are pretty well equipped with the knowledge to both build and kit out a workshop from the ground up. Sadly you're never going to get away from the showbiz presenters and the time restrictions of TV networks.

I'd rather put up with Tommy Walsh than watch another FISHING PROGRAMME!!! :twisted:

:D

Latest posts

Back