Tommy Walsh and his Ultimate Workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Although there's another thread on this it's got a bit generlized so thought I'd start a new one.
Just watched it and found it quite interesting. Chris (Waterhead) was right, he'd plenty of helpers to do the donkey work. But still a good show and no doubt will become more attractive as the weeks go on.
Didn't see Philly on it, but there was some Scottish bloke with a sparsely equipped shop....
Well done Ian.

Noel

Gotta agree with Noel. Congrats Ian nice to see you in your workshop. I'm sure you could squeeze some more tools in there somewhere. :D TW's made his base big enough so the shop is going to be a decent size, it will be interesting to see if he installs a wooden floor.

Drew

B****R,
I missed it....still out in the workshop i'm afraid....hopefuly it will be repeated or is it that bad that i should just stay out in the ws

4 hours of filming and no script.....they also told me it was to be aired on the 9th November but as DRT goes it will probobly be repeated

ah well catch it next time

Ian

The 98's are coming along now....blades are due tomorrow...

Hi Ian

It's going to be repeated at 1.00 am - set your video! It was great to see you in your workshop, especially with the attention being rightly given to your wonderful infill plane and tool chest. I rather fear Tommy will only be able to aspire to the standards you've set, not match them.

Gill

I missed it too - watching Jamie Oliver's Italian series. Recorder set for 01.00. Apparently, there's going to be a mezzanine floor on lifts in order to make both the space underneath useable and the upper space useable when lowered. Sounds interesting! I think a 42" plasma is a bit OTT for a workshop, though.

Also, look out for his "cameo" part in a film called "One" which is a low-budget US release, I think. :)

Ray.

"Tommys Ultimate Workshop"

8:30 pm on DRT (Sky 133)

or 9:30 on 134 (which I watched,as had to see Stargate Atlantis 8-9 :D )

Alf":2gb1umqf said:
Ack. Just for once I'd like to have had access to one of those funny saucer things. :cry:
Cheers, Alf

Yep, its the first time my interest has been piqued. (I'm not interested in Tommy Walsh - but a look rounds Ians workshop would have been of interest!)

Am I the only remaining person on this forum who has never, ever seen even a single episode of "Norm"?

Adam

Ian if you missed it I have it on DVD

Despite my earlier comments, I was impressed. Good to see them actually showing the construction of the workshop rather than racing through to the finish.

Lets hope it stays on track.

Great to see Ian's workshop in moving pictures. I wonder if they are having a different workshop on display every week. Anyone else been filmed?

oh, and I recognised the 'joiner' he called tricky dicky. Can't place him tho.

Good to see Willy is still on the team

WiZeR":mt45ax1w said:
Ian if you missed it I have it on DVD thanks PM sent

Great to see Ian's workshop in moving pictures. I wonder if they are having a different workshop on display every week. Anyone else been filmed?

Yes

I beleive Alan Holtham.....and they might be saving the best for Last...the one and only Philly.
They said they had 6 workshops

regards

Ian

Hi Adam,

No, you are not the only one. :wink: I've never seen this 'Norm' either. :D

I don't have, don't want, and won't have SKY - despite the constant junk mail that Mr. Murdoch keeps supplying me with to replenish the local paper bank. :wink:

Cheers,

Trev.

Trev":3gljbhzs said:
I don't have, don't want, and won't have SKY - despite the constant junk mail that Mr. Murdoch keeps supplying me with to replenish the local paper bank.

I'll second that.

Waka":w11gn1ia said:
Trev":w11gn1ia said:
I don't have, don't want, and won't have SKY - despite the constant junk mail that Mr. Murdoch keeps supplying me with to replenish the local paper bank.

I'll second that.

Shred and load onto the compost heap, my veggies thought it was great after it had been sat at the bottom of a pile of muck for 24 months...

Saying that, couldnt live with out Sky...No sir..

trevtheturner":2t23rjk3 said:
I don't have, don't want, and won't have SKY ...

You may have no choice when the analogue signals are switched off and you can't receive digital over your terrestrial aerial ;). Oh no, I forget we have been promised everyone will be able to receive digital over their terrestrial aerial by then - yeah right!

(Oh I forgot to set to record this too - so if any kind soul could lend me the episode on DVD - I would return it swiftly and be forever in their debt.)

Cheers

Gidon

gidon":1atv4h1h said:
trevtheturner":1atv4h1h said:
I don't have, don't want, and won't have SKY ...

You may have no choice when the analogue signals are switched off and you can't receive digital over your terrestrial aerial ;). Oh no, I forget we have been promised everyone will be able to receive digital over their terrestrial aerial by then - yeah right!

(Oh I forgot to set to record this too - so if any kind soul could lend me the episode on DVD - I would return it swiftly and be forever in their debt.)

Cheers

Gidon

It's on again on Sunday at 1.30 pm. Same channel "Discovery Real Time"

You may have no choice when the analogue signals are switched off and you can't receive digital over your terrestrial aerial Wink.

It is little known because that's the way Sky keep it, but you can have a satellite receiver to receive "free to air" the same as by aerial. In fact some people take advatage of Sky's introductory offers, get the box and dish, pay the cheapest package for a year and then revert to freeto air.
It might be an option for someone who can't get it through their aerial.
Boxes are dead cheap on Ebay as well, as people upgrade to Sky+ .The problem then is the cost of fitting if you can't do it yourself.

cheers Alan

Back