Toggle clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi CYC
They do quote the clamping strength for some of these clamps. I went for the ones Wealden tools do - with 500 pound clamping strength and I can't complain. That's about the highest I've seen. A single clamp holds a significantly sized piece of wood on my router table jig (although I still use two to be safe).
Trend do two kinds - the craft range and the pro range. Wealden are cheaper than the pro if I remember. Also Wealden offer free next day delivery and an excellent service.
Cheers
Gidon

Thanks for the tip Gidon, I've been needing some for quite a while.

Adam

Hi Adam

I've got the Wealden ones as well. You can't go wrong with them. :D

Oh I wish I hadn't said that. It's too much like tempting fate.

Cheers
Neil

Hi CYC,

I've checked Wealden (www.wealdentool.net) as I'm planning to get some router cutters from them. It says on the site that they deliver to Ireland but of course this will not be free delivery like the lucky UK residents have! I have ordered a catalogue so when it arrives I will let you know the delivery rates...also they have the catalogue available for download from the site.

Glad you asked this question - I'm about to buy some toggle clamps for the drill press and I didn't know Wealden did them - thanks Gidon!

NeilCFD

Just found the delivery charges:

Please add postage costs as detailed below to your total order value. If you let us know
the items you wish to order, we will quote you for the postage, which normally works out
less than the charges shown below. To insure against loss in the post add £3.50 to the
postage charge. Items that are not insured are sent at your own risk.
POSTAL CHARGE FOR ROUTER CUTTERS:
Orders up to £20.00 in value Add £1.75
Orders from £20.00 to £50.00 in value Add £2.50
Orders from £50.00 to £150.00 in value Add £3.25
Orders over £150.00 in value by quotation
POSTAL CHARGES FOR JOINTING BISCUITS:
Per pack of 250
Size 00 Add £1.00
Size 10 Add £2.50
Size 20 Add £4.00
POSTAL CHARGES FOR CIRCULAR SAWBLADES:
Blades up to 250mm in diameter Add £5.50/blade
Blades 250mm to 325mm in diameter Add £8.00/blade
Blades over 325mm diameter, please ask for a quotation.
ALL OTHER ITEMS INCLUDING BOXED ROUTER SETS: By quotation only
POSTAL CHARGES - EUROPE

Very reasonable compared to what we are used to!

NeilCFD

CYC,

They don't appear to be on the site per se, but there's info on them in the downloads section. I've not checked, but I think Axminster's may be a wee bit cheaper? If they have them in stock of course... :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Thanks Asleitch & Alf :D
I am going to compare the prices now. But since I want to get a vice from axminster, if the prices are similar I'll get them along.
Unless someone says the Trend clamps are far better quality!

I couldn't find them either - I'm presuming they are in the catalogue but not online. Did you find them on the site, Gidon?

Sorry - I wrote this offline and missed the replies!

The Farnell ones look good too, and there is an Irish site with euro prices.

NeilCFD

Neil hopefully you've found them now.
There's not much in it price-wise - it's just when I was looking the Wealden ones had the highest quoted clamping pressure.
Just to complicate matters Tilgear if you have their catalogue also do them. Seem pretty cheap too. Four of their lightweight ones start off at £14+VAT. Tilgear are on 01707 873434 - another company with very good service but no website unfortunately.
Cheers
Gidon

Yes I have thanks Gidon :oops:

Tilgear price sounds very good for 4 clamps :)

NeilCFD

Neil,

Slightly OT but noticed your post counter appears to be stuck at 20 - Charley?
Notice also you're in God's country, where abouts? Good to see somebody from over here in addition to CYC and myself.

Rgds

Noel

Hi Noel,

I hadn't noticed about the counter - thanks, I'll tell Charley if it still says 20 after this post...

<edit - it says 21 now - looks like the problem has gone away>

I'm near the Roscommon/Mayo border - in the middle of nowhere really. At least I don't need to worry about disturbing the neighbours with the screaming of my tablesaw... :)

I'm surprised that there aren't more of us on the forum from Ireland considering how many woodworking mags are on the shelves in Easons - maybe no-one else will go near a computer.

I'll have to bore you with the usual question of 'do you know anywhere to get decent timber?' CYC and I aren't having much luck with this down south, and I'd be happy to drive up North to a supplier if you have any good recommendations!

Sorry, I'll stop stealing this thread now. :oops:

NeilCFD

Noely":3kgd5adi said:
Neil, Notice also you're in God's country, where abouts? Good to see somebody from over here in addition to CYC and myself.

Noel, Noel, Noel. As a fellow Celt I can excuse you for making a simple mistake when you live in such a beautiful country. But, just to put you right for the future, God's country is actually Wales. :wink:

Cheers
Neil

An "exile" in Nottingham

Neil,

You've 2 posts at 21 now......
Nice part of the of the world, used to do business in Ballyhaunis a few years ago. can't really suggest decent timber suppliers, nearest to me are Aikens in Coleraine (I'm in Limavady) www.aikentimber.com
Nobody in Sligo? Or www.crowleyhardwoods.com in Ennis, although maybe too far. but they do import hardwood so maybe worth talking to them to find out if they supply to anybody local.

N Neil,
A Welsh person, so you're an Irish man who can't swim? (grin)

Rgds

Noel

Latest posts

Back