Toggle clamps

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nelly111s

Established Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations (I’m OK with Google) for toggle clamps to use on a sledge for a tablesaw to saw straight edges on waney edged boards? The sort that will hold the board to the sledge.
Thanks.

Any recommendations (I’m OK with Google) for toggle clamps to use on a sledge for a tablesaw to saw straight edges on waney edged boards? The sort that will hold the board to the sledge.
Thanks.

they’re all pretty much the same unless you buy the really nice German ones. eBay will probably do you fine

Aidan

You could use our Microjig Match Fit Dovetail clamps in a baseboard, image for illustration only, or the best standard toggle clamps are GoodHand, most others are copies of these.

Screenshot 2020-11-30 at 19.15.41.png

I bought some from Banggood - copies of GoodHand by the look of them - just watch for the size you are ordering - some are very small. Last time I bought any they were about 5 days from a UK warehouse.

You could use our Microjig Match Fit Dovetail clamps in a baseboard, image for illustration only, or the best standard toggle clamps are GoodHand, most others are copies of these.

View attachment 97457
Thanks @Peter Sefton . I'll take a look at your site. I think I have a 14º dovetail cutter in my collection of "they'll come in useful one day" cutters!

Last edited:
Toggle clamps are a must for a jig, where you put the board in, clamp, make the cut, repeat. Even the cheap ones apply a lot of pressure.
When using regular clams you'll end up with a giant sized jig just to be able to have somewhere for the end to go.
This is one i made to cut segments for a circular table. I dont think i could have managed with regular clamps without going mad from the constant loosen/tighten/loosen/tighten.

Attachments

• DSCF3962.JPG
    DSCF3962.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 26
Last edited:
Dovetail clamps ordered.
Clamps received (thanks @Peter Sefton)
Jig made.
Work continues!

Attachments

• 43960F3C-CAFB-4CD4-8A73-BD01AF3F3FEF.jpeg
    43960F3C-CAFB-4CD4-8A73-BD01AF3F3FEF.jpeg