Today's Bootfair...and then some!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimi43

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello again.

I have not been going to bootfairs this year as I work weekends now but being off this weekend on leave left me free to do TWO bootfairs...one at 6AM and one at 2PM...oh...and an antique shop in between accompanied by my daughter Emma.

Now either Emma is a seriously good luck charm or today was just lucky...full stop...but I did get rather a few toys.

I apologise that some may not strictly be "hand tools" but I'm sure those that are make up for this sin.

20140809_154251%20(1).jpg

So..this is part of the haul.

A nice little 115V Lamello biscuit jointer..(not telling on this one...I have enough people wanting to lynch me!)

20140809_154257.jpg

Let's just say I got that and this beautiful AMES of LONDON plough for a pony... :oops:

20140809_154544.jpg

I needed a dinky power driver so the little Bosch IXO Li-Ion for a tenner was I think a bargain!

20140809_154310.jpg

Three virtually untouched K&F files (Kearney and Foot aka Nicolson) of differing sizes...a quid...and a quality tap wrench for 50p to replace my cheap Chinese one (which was doing my head in!)

My favourite little tool today was the comparator gauge....

20140809_154717.jpg

That is so lovely...and at 95p (don't ask!) it was a steal!

Some more batteries (2x) for my Nikon 510 plus a proper charger as I only have a cheap one...and it was worth £3 as I had to take the little 5MP camera with it (shame! :mrgreen: )

Lastly a vintage set of Italian optics...(not sure what I will do with that but I had to have it!)....

Then we moved to the village for lunch on my daughter on the basis that I "had a look" at a little Chesterfield leather couch which she was wanting. Needless to say she now has it...but I found some really interesting things in that shop...

Don't know why I wanted this but I just did...so it kind of "came with the deal"....

20140809_154351.jpg

It was either that or coming home with this....

20140809_120836.jpg

...and I was skating on very thin ice as it was with the stuff I was going to turn up with I thought this bench...

20140809_120706.jpg

....would have caused a divorce!! :oops:

Plus..it wouldn't fit in the car! :mrgreen:

So sense prevailed and I kept a few quid for the afternoon bootfair...and I'm glad I did...

20140809_165927.jpg

I can't wait to do some airbrush work...I have just the project for this...

20140809_165908.jpg

The guy wanted a tenner...needless to say...he now only has one hand!! :mrgreen:

He's going to bring the "airbrushes that go with it" next week....I can't wait!

So...next week...my daughter's coming with me!

Thanks Emma!

Jimi

Suspect that even if you loaned out your lucky charm (and doubtless, charming) daughter, her magic would not produce anything useful from North East Scotland boot fairs :(

Wow. You've done it again Jim.
I'm sure I don't need to tell you how well regarded Iwata kit is.
I hope you manage to score the airbrushes too.
I would give my right arm for that setup.
Are you planning on a sunburst finish by any chance?

As they're fond of saying on the American forums....

YOU SUCK!

All the best my friend.

Adam.

dickm":gkm5icua said:
Suspect that even if you loaned out your lucky charm (and doubtless, charming) daughter, her magic would not produce anything useful from North East Scotland boot fairs :(

I bet you've got more chance of finding a Spiers infill than me Dick!! 8)

Wee hours comes to mind though!

rileytoolworks":gkm5icua said:
Wow. You've done it again Jim.
I'm sure I don't need to tell you how well regarded Iwata kit is.
I hope you manage to score the airbrushes too.
I would give my right arm for that setup.
Are you planning on a sunburst finish by any chance?

As they're fond of saying on the American forums....

YOU SUCK!

All the best my friend.

Adam.

Yes...I was astounded when he said what he wanted for it but he'd just got it out of the van and I was his first customer.

I can't see it staying on the stand for two customers...fortunately the "bees" were swarming around a car over the other side of the field...but it wouldn't be long!

This is the key to all bootfair successes...virtually all bargains go within the first ten minutes...after that...it's just DVDs and breast pumps!

I suppose I can retire my dear old friend now....

23042009668.jpg

:wink:

I'm still up to my eyeballs in woodscrew at the moment...and boy is it beautiful

20140809_204303.jpg

Cheers

Jimi

What no radio? Where is the jimi of old?!

Great haul; knowing the list price of an Iwata Power Jet Pro, I'm surprised you left him one hand! If he turns up later with a couple of Paasche AB Turbos, which with your luck he more than likely will, there's going to be a mutiny!

Back