Today

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

squib

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Todays project is for a display stand for an exhibition to show a range of garden stuff licenced from The Royal Botanical Gardens at Kew
The design was left to me and after a couple of previous ideas we came up with a design based on the door to the palm house.
There will be one of these units at each end and a 'stall' in the middle, it has to be cheap as it will be sent to garden centres as part of a promotion....all a bit over my head! Very quick and dirty build.
The client wants me to make one and then have up to 50 made in eastern europe
This is a shame unless i can get the price right.the end 'door' panels would need to be cnc cut to do this.......anyone got or know where i could have these parts done....they are about 1mt wide and 2.440high.

IMAG0018.jpg

PS sorry for pieapple pic from my phone.

A pineapple pic seems appropriate for a glasshouse-themed display :wink: I like it.

squib":10w1dt1h said:
The client wants me to make one and then have up to 50 made in eastern europe
Hell's bells; makes you want to spit. :(

Could you use your original as a template and pattern router the 50 yourself

I don't really get involved in batch work but on this project my thoughts were that i get asked a lot for work or experience and i was thinking that if i could have the main panels batch made i could get someone to assemble them without actually letting them lose with a router.As an aside i hate routing even though i have 4 routers! and the idea of making 100 ends!!!!!
The random screw holes were to aid assembly on my own and will be removed and filled :oops:

PM replied to Stuart.

Back