• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Titebond 3 shelflife

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
A forum member asked me how I got on with Titebond 3 the other day (PM), he found his bottle unsatisfactory, I commented that I never purchase glue at the beginning of Spring because there is a good chance it has been in a warehouse over winter in low temperatures perhaps.

I asked if he could identify the date by a code, my bottle purchased last September 2011 does not appear to have any date stamp but the base of the bottle is stamped 6A. A previous bottle kept as a spare container has the code 4A.

We would be interested to learn if these numbers indicate a manufacturers code date.

eribaMotters

Established Member
Reaction score
I must admit that I have never [probably wrongly] worried about the shelf life of my Titebond 3. During a busy year of DIY a gallon will see me through. Sometimes it takes me 2 yrs to use. When it does not pour to well during decanting into my squeezy bottle I give it a good shake and the consistency is back to normal. My workshop is a detached shed at the bottom of the garden. It is heated when used, but must get close to freezing during the winter nights for a week or so.

Colin

newt

Established Member
Reaction score
I always do a test joint if I have not used it for a while.

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
I think Nick at British ww mag. is doing a survey as I responded recently on the subject of titebond.

Bob

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks all for replies and link with that information. I think I was away at the time of that original thread re Titebond.

So if I want to place an order for T3 and I telephone the order, do you think I could ask for the bottle code to be quoted before I accept delivery?

RogerP

Established Member
Reaction score
I think the temperature is a greater factor than time. Being regularly at sub-zero doesn't seem to do it any good at all.