titan workshop vac hose adapters

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mhannah

Established Member
Reaction score
I recently bought the Titan 16l workshop vac to use as a dust extractor for a few tools :-

titan track saw
titan bandsaw
parkside bench sander
various handheld sanders

Can anyone recommend some adaptors that will help the standard hose fit this variety of tools?

I have the slightly bigger Titan vacuum.

These "Triton TDPADIN - EU Dust Port Adaptor 34mm" rubber adapters have allowed me to fit it to everything so far in the workshop:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Triton-TDPADIN ... GMHK469TA8

They have various steps, so you can cut off them down if needed. Since they're so cheap (shop around), I have one for each major machine.

The problem with the tapered adaptors is that to suit all cases, they have to be tapered down to such a small diameter (~26mm) its going to affect efficiency. They're also long and bulky. I think you're better off making a bunch of adaptors, one for each tool, but each obviously has the same end on the vac.

Preferably an adaptor that fits *over* the connection on the tool, rather than into it.

You can make them from things like inner tube, PVC pipe (heated and expanded) etc. I even print my own with a flexible filament .

I've got a 3D printer and have printed a couple of reducers and adapters for my extraction.

If you want to give one a go sketch up something or let me know key dimensions and I'll print it for you. Happy to do the first one FOC.

I printed one for my Dewalt ROS, it works perfectly.

Wall thickness will likely be around 3mm, this doesn't make a difference if it sits on the outside but can be noticeable if it's internal.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Universal car steering rack gaiters fit on any size or shape of tool outlet and the other end can be trimmed to fit the extractor.

powertools":1j1zet4c said:
Universal car steering rack gaiters fit on any size or shape of tool outlet and the other end can be trimmed to fit the extractor.

Or half shaft / inner and outer CV boots too.

The dust extraction from my radial arm saw is done via guttering down pipe and that in turn is connected to my shop vac via a CV boot to reduce the size.
I also use a large CV boot to connect the 4in hose from my large extractor to the slightly larger diameter drainage pipe that serves my PT

Bm101":242aq3yk said:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Systems-Universal-Extraction-Compatible-Milwaukee/dp/B07NZ5N75S/ref=pd_sbs_60_11?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07NZ5N75S&pd_rd_r=87de3b55-467f-11e9-aefc-bf08520e0428&pd_rd_w=SHEgf&pd_rd_wg=4QBKQ&pf_rd_p=18edf98b-139a-41ee-bb40-d725dd59d1d3&pf_rd_r=1Y6GYAM0B93TFMPHVQ6R&psc=1&refRID=1Y6GYAM0B93TFMPHVQ6R

Anyone got any thoughts/ experience of this product. It looks to fit four main sizes at this range of tool size at an affordable price.

Edit. Ahhhh sod it. Just pressed the button on this! Will update when it arrives.

I can't see the price, but it looks pretty sturdy/heavy. I'd be interested to hear how it compares to the £2+delivery Triton equivalent, which is certainly lighter and more flexible. The Triton one is rubber, so it fits everything I've tried so far: Festool, de-Walt, Startrite etc.

Bm101":1xpemcdp said:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Systems-Universal-Extraction-Compatible-Milwaukee/dp/B07NZ5N75S/ref=pd_sbs_60_11?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B07NZ5N75S&pd_rd_r=87de3b55-467f-11e9-aefc-bf08520e0428&pd_rd_w=SHEgf&pd_rd_wg=4QBKQ&pf_rd_p=18edf98b-139a-41ee-bb40-d725dd59d1d3&pf_rd_r=1Y6GYAM0B93TFMPHVQ6R&psc=1&refRID=1Y6GYAM0B93TFMPHVQ6R

Anyone got any thoughts/ experience of this product. It looks to fit four main sizes at this range of tool size at an affordable price.

Edit. Ahhhh sod it. Just pressed the button on this! Will update when it arrives.

It's an American brand so hard to know if it ever becomes available again. Out of stock with eBay sellers too from what I can see.

Possibly a little, OTT, but this is one area where a 3D printer comes in useful. Having some many different ports and combinations is a pain.

I have printed most of my adaptors. Most useful one is a right angle one behind the mitre saw.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

Bodgers":34wkvd6b said:
Possibly a little, OTT, but this is one area where a 3D printer comes in useful. Having some many different ports and combinations is a pain.

I have printed most of my adaptors. Most useful one is a right angle one behind the mitre saw.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk

I don't think it's OTT. It's exactly what 3d printers were made for. Printing custom stuff! .. it's also extremely easy to model. I print mine with a flexible filament, so they have a little give.

... of course, this assumes you already have a 3d printer. Not saying you should go out and buy one for this task. Although it's pretty good excuse to pick one up! .. I mean, .. why spend £4 on buying an adaptor when you can spend £250 and print your own? :lol: :lol:

Spragnut":1yhssh8l said:
I've got a 3D printer and have printed a couple of reducers and adapters for my extraction.

If you want to give one a go sketch up something or let me know key dimensions and I'll print it for you. Happy to do the first one FOC.

I printed one for my Dewalt ROS, it works perfectly.

Wall thickness will likely be around 3mm, this doesn't make a difference if it sits on the outside but can be noticeable if it's internal.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That is a kind offer indeed - thank you!
I think I will try and stick with something off the shelf though as tools are likely to come and go, so I need to try and find something that is cheap and can be easily modified to fit any size and shape of port.

gmgmgm":14on67p2 said:
Bm101":14on67p2 said:

I can't see the price, but it looks pretty sturdy/heavy. I'd be interested to hear how it compares to the £2+delivery Triton equivalent, which is certainly lighter and more flexible. The Triton one is rubber, so it fits everything I've tried so far: Festool, de-Walt, Startrite etc.

It's due to arrive Sat. I'll do a tiny review on here. One of the reasons I went for it was that it promises ease of use. If I have a 'universal adaptor' that's easy and fast to swap that makes sense to me ( for an £11 outlay) for my personal situation and the amount and way I use powertools. Also, having one adaptor might work out cheaper than buy several dedicated cheaper ones and cutting them to size. Feasibly a lot cheaper if you use the cheap ones as dedicated and you have several different port sizes on different tools.
If it works for me I had a small punt on a good solution. If it doesn't work out I will go to the pvc pipe method.
Having said all that could turn up tomorrow and be a complete loss.
In it to win it. (hammer)

Noel":cd6o8drr said:
Bm101":cd6o8drr said:

It's an American brand so hard to know if it ever becomes available again. Out of stock with eBay sellers too from what I can see.

Noel. 3 on last night. None today.
Extraction Hipster Trendsetter.
Fabulous.

agCaEwH.jpg

Back