Titan TTB579PLN planer/thickneser adjustment?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Munty Scruntfundle

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks.

So I decided to go for the Titan TTB579 for a bench top planer, decent price, hardly top of the line but it should do what I need.

It's up and running fine and the results are as expected, good enough for flat surfaces that need gluing. There's just one slight problem which is the alignment of the feed tables.

There's a very slight (much less than a degree) downward angle difference between the feed and output table, this means the cutters are kind of in the dip.

Because you're applying pressure to the entire work piece as it goes over the cutters this results in a very slight curve in the surface, sometimes also resulting in a lot of chipping on the trailing edge. Snipe I guess.

But as this is an 'over the top' planer, and if the tables were absolutely level this wouldn't happen. I can't find any adjustment, there's nothing in the manual, and I'm guessing this is a multi branded item (could be wrong) and can't find a manufacturer web site.

Anyone out there with the same kit and same issue/fix? I could hang a log from the edge of the feed table, that would probably do it, but would feel a little on the Heath Robinson side!

Many thanks.

I don't believe there is any adjustment. I returned 4 before going for something else.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

Yosarian":trgapoa7 said:
I don't believe there is any adjustment. I returned 4 before going for something else.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

I gave mine away! No adjustment and no spares available once out of warranty. Thicknesser was fine but the planer was rubbish.

Back