Titan Planer Thicknesser Owners!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread just goes to confirm my experience over 20 years of woodworking - the old saying "buy cheap and you will buy twice" is absolutely spot on.

Jim

I know what you are all saying, and I've there over years buying rubbish :lol:
but for now does me.
easy to use, but the 'grippers' are utter dog toffee.
I know why they supply them.
JVNdiIi.jpg

JizLDsp.jpg

but I had to fix a immediate prob with thin wood.
screws just enough to grip the wood.
7ZZLbVw.jpg
I can moving to position easy.
I move my mobility scooter #-o =D> .
Bri

manxnorton":15lmz8fj said:
Hi all,
After months and months of humming and harring wether to by the Titan combo nearly hit the buy button on screwfix, and my buttocks fell out!!
Scrapped that idea.
With my tiny battered brain I’m looking at a thicknesser (not sure which one need help with this one?)
And as it’s been said I could get a jig for the edge situation for my sawbench (Evolution Rage 5, for now!)
At least with a thicknesser for the surface, and the sawbench it’s better than i’ve Been doing so far!
Got about £800 for both, but I fancy a trim palm router aswell (one hand operations is good for me :x )
Bri

Glad you didn't get the Titan, I have it, it's absolute garbage!

OscarG":2auv1yef said:
manxnorton":2auv1yef said:
Hi all,
After months and months of humming and harring wether to by the Titan combo nearly hit the buy button on screwfix, and my buttocks fell out!!
Scrapped that idea.
With my tiny battered brain I’m looking at a thicknesser (not sure which one need help with this one?)
And as it’s been said I could get a jig for the edge situation for my sawbench (Evolution Rage 5, for now!)
At least with a thicknesser for the surface, and the sawbench it’s better than i’ve Been doing so far!
Got about £800 for both, but I fancy a trim palm router aswell (one hand operations is good for me :x )
Bri

Glad you didn't get the Titan, I have it, it's absolute garbage!

#-o ohhhhh! I did buy it..... :oops:
Bri

I have run hundreds of metres of oak through mine with no issues at all,I have a full working joinery shop and bought the titan for my son and for a budget planer it does the job.

I still hate mine!

It still holds the title of "worst tool I've ever bought"

I'm glad someone likes theirs though. :wink:

topchippytom":22tr6vyu said:
I have run hundreds of metres of oak through mine with no issues at all,I have a full working joinery shop and bought the titan for my son and for a budget planer it does the job.
I think you deserve some kind of medal battling with it.

Never found the planer a problem, I did take the first one back due to a snapped drive belt but what do people expect for under £200

Back