• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Titan planer / thicknesser £75 - Sold

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fezman

Established Member
Reaction score
Titan planer / thicknesser.

Specification can be found here @ screwfix. https://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb579 ... 230v/15774

All in good / like new working order and approx 2 years old.

Like others I found the fence to be a bit flimsy, so I modified this to have a fixed square fence. The only modification I made was to drill 2 holes through the aluminium outfeed table to fix some box aluminium to. It works a treat.
The original fence parts (and the modification I made) are all included, with the original fence just requiring re-attaching if that’s what you want to do.
20190615_141603.jpg

You can just about see here that jointing an edge gives a very square outcome. (I'll try to get a less blurred image later). The mod made a heck of a lot of difference to getting square edges.
20190615_141455.jpg

Blades are original and still sharp without nicks, the pic above shows the finish on pine CLS

Price £75 collected from S72 near Barnsley.

I think I still have the box and packaging too.

The only reason I'm selling this is I've just ordered an AC250PT from Axminster and this is surplus to requirements.

Attachments

• 20190615_141603.jpg
    20190615_141603.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 752
  • 20190615_141455.jpg
    20190615_141455.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 733
  • 20190615_141613 (2).jpg
    20190615_141613 (2).jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 721
Hi Antonio-d ,

Parcel2go are quoting around £25 delivery charges for this (32kgs) via UPS.

I could bring this to Oxford, if you were able to collect from there? I am usually in Oxford every 2nd Thursday / Friday.

Ian

Oxford could work as I have a friend that works at waylands Volvo oxford so it could be dropped over to him and I collect from him.
Is the price negotiable at all??
I’m just starting out with wood working so I am looking for bargain items lol :D

Hi Antonio-d

The price is £75 non-negotiable - sorry.

I usually park at the seacourt park and ride (5 mins from waylands), or he can meet me at Peartree interchange on an evening.

I'll next be in Oxford on Tuesday/wednesday next week, or Thursday Friday 2 weeks later. let me know if you want to buy.

thanks
Ian

Hi Ian

Just wanted to let you know that I will give this one a miss for now.
I’m sorry I just think I’m rushing into the first thing I have seen

I have the same PT and want to upgrade the fence. How did you fix the aluminium box to the outfeed and whats thickness of the box section? It looks quite chunky.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

OK Antonio D - no problem.

Hi Demuss - the box section is 100mm x 25mm. I drilled two holes in just the outfeed table, two holes in the box section. You can see the full thread here topic115888.html. The tricky bit is getting the bolt in half way down the box section. But hopefully you'll see how i did that on the thread.

Ian

Interested. I know you put an estimate up already so are you happy to post? I’m Bristol based and not anywhere near you for a while

Hi Stoatally,

I have a sale pending on this - off forum. So this is now sale pending. If that falls through then I will get back to you - thanks for your interest.

Ian

Latest posts

Back