Tissue box with mitred corners

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I did finish the tisue box last week with those dovetail corners but I do prefer the corners mitred and the opportunity to put in stripe designs without dovetail restrictions,

So I attempted to cut boards again but used the Jet Mitre saw, I rescued the old workstation that used to be used with the old Axminster which had served 15 years and fitted it to the Jet saw as per photograph. (White arrow and cross indicate that station is clamped to saw) and a new positioned fence on table fitted.

workstation w.jpg

I succeed partly with cutting mitres on the pieces for the longer sides of the new box but the short ends could not be held safely to fence when cutting and there was some slippage. Box glued and problem displayed in photograph below.

bad cut w.jpg

I am confident I can hide the fault, started building up the gap with some timber sawn with that Workzone bandsaw down to 0.64mm thick (so it can do the business) see photograph again.

packing w.jpg

Post view of repair tomorrow;

Attachments

• workstation w.jpg
    workstation w.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 948
  • bad cut w.jpg
    bad cut w.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 948
  • packing w.jpg
    packing w.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 948
The repair to the bad corner works out OK:

bad cut 2w.jpg

So will complete the box but next time I shall have to have better fencing in place at the Jet sliding mitre saw.

Attachments

• bad cut 2w.jpg
    bad cut 2w.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 883

Latest posts

Back