Tired of push, pluck, preen, and position?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alf

Established Member
Reaction score
Can't resist stopping to measure every shaving? Is this compulsion holding you up? Veritas has the answer.

Of course this presupposes we don't actually like the preening bit of the cycle, which, um... 8-[ :lol:

Perhaps you should fit one to the Parrots cage Alf. Should help when preparing for Birds Mouth Joints me thinks, might need to fix with some strong Brazil Nuts though rather than Dust Magnets.

:D
Almost as funny as:
It will set bevel angles from 15° to 54° and a range of back bevels from 10° to 20°. It can easily accommodate chisels as narrow as 1/4" and blades as wide as 2-7/8" and up to 15/32" thick. The blade-registration jig slides onto the guide body, centering and squaring the blade with an integral fence. The blade stop has discrete positions for preset bevel angles. Features a three-position eccentric roller, allowing you to hone micro-bevels quickly and accurately with only a turn of a knob. Manufactured from die-cast zinc alloy, with precision-machined brass and steel parts. The jig's machined aluminum base provides skew angle markings that are laser etched for accuracy and legibility. The skew angle graduations cover the range of 10° to 45° in 5° increments, and there are additional marks (18°, 22°, 28°) to cover the angles of popular skew plane blades. The base has four distinct tracks providing four bevel angle settings: 20°, 25°, 30°, and 35°. (The honing guide's eccentric roller allows variation from these angles for creating a micro-bevel.) The unique sliding fence with blade stop allows you to match an existing skew angle visually — even if it is non-standard.

Or the mysteriously useless "Bevel Setter" protractor with the empty segment 0 to 30º :lol: For navigation on camel-back in the empty quarter?
I'm still mystified by that one - designing a simple protractor in such a way that it is impossible to set angles below 30º. It's still on their list or do they just wheel it out every April 1st?

The was a picture of a man with a T-shirt emblazoned with the words "The Famous Grouse" - would suit Mr. Grim to a Tee! :)

Rod

This sidelining of threads has got beyond a joke. It happens so frequently that I can barely be bothered to read new posts anymore.

I know you may have certain issues with honing jigs and the like Jacob, but why try to de-rail a thread which has nothing to do with them? If you're that concerned people are being hoodwinked, start your own thread about the matter.

I love the "Veritainer".

Evidently another system totally incompatible with everyone else's but has the useful property of preventing anything being confused with a power tool! It's the little touches that make Veritas' April 'launches' so good!

Incidentally Alf, what sort of parrot is yours? We had a pair of Amazons, who were pretty tame (would fly to you when called, etc.), but hoovering really needed earplugs, as the machine was viewed as serious competition!

Did anyone hear Broadcasting House on R4 this morning - requiring OAPs to take exercise classes to get their pensions... :)

Eric, I have a Grey and a Senegal. The latter is half the size, twice the ego, and at least four times the volume. Lots of entertainment, but Chas is right; some built in mess removal would be handy. Right up until small but irate bird disappears up it and has to freed from the dust-ex! :lol:

Latest posts

Back