UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
To post a new post:
1. Find the forum you wish to post into and click on title.
2. At the top of the index of threads in a forum you will see on the far right POST Thread button, and you will see a post title box above the list of existing threads. Either one can be used to start a new thread.
1597080751969.png

3. Fill in the information and then look for Post Thread button.
1597080798875.png

If you wish to post a Poll to this new thread click on More Options button and the settings for making a poll will show.
The far right button of a 0 with line thru it will cancel what you are doing.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Private Messages are called Conversations in this software.
1. To message/conversation a member you can click on their avatar and a box will come up with Start Conversation will show.
1597081475938.png

Just click on that button and when the title and message box open, fill in and click the Start Conversation button.

2. Deleting conversations - is now Leave conversation. And when you Leave a Conversation you can set it to allow a reply and you see it, or not allow replies and you are completely done with it.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Adding images to your posts. This is a great feature.

1. Do a right click copy and paste into your message. Have your cursor where you want the image to appear.
2. Use the
1597081930112.png
on the bottom left of a message box. That will take you to the laptop, phone, tablet's gallery or storage are of images. Choose one and upload. You can use a thumbnail version, but the full image shows much better.

Inserting YouTube, and similar.
Just to to the YouTube and copy the address in the top bar.
Paste into your message. You will see it once it posts.
Save.

1597092112438.png

Last edited:

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Using Search:

Search is in the upper right hand corner of the page:
1597082248218.png

This is what it open to:
1597082278746.png

If this is not enough you can use the Advanced Search to get very specific in what you are searching. Observe the tabs of settings you can access on this Advanced Search option.

1597082329755.png

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Finding your own posts/threads/media:

1. Click on your name in the Upper Right corner and bring up the User Control Panel:
2. Choose Your Content
1597082449638.png

When opened it will show your threads, posts, etc.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Since the software changed it does not remember what your last read post was on a thread. After today, once you read a post it will open to the first unread the next time you open that thread.

Droogs

Is that chisel shar ... Ow
Reaction score
Is this where i ask about what happened to our avatars?

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
If they were not a thread, I believe they may be gone. What forum topic were they under? I can inquire with the head tech to see if anything can be done.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'm inquiring to see if Avatars can be imported from the old software. If you want to add yours back now, just click on your name, open the user control panel, then account details.

1597083719632.png

Trevanion

Greatest Of All Time
Reaction score
They would've been under the user control panel in "Saved Drafts", not a huge deal if they've disappeared into the ether but it was a fair bit of writing.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
They would've been under the user control panel in "Saved Drafts", not a huge deal if they've disappeared into the ether but it was a fair bit of writing.
I'm asking for it to be checked on for you.

MikeK

Staff member
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new software and the new Administrator, Angie!

I love XenForo and I'm sure the migration was loads of fun. I moved two websites from vBulletin 3.x to XenForo 1.x, and it took months of planning and working with test databases to make sure the transition was as seamless as possible. There were a few hiccups, but mostly the transitions were successful.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Developer is looking for them for you.

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Congratulations on the new software and the new Administrator, Angie!

I love XenForo and I'm sure the migration was loads of fun. I moved two websites from vBulletin 3.x to XenForo 1.x, and it took months of planning and working with test databases to make sure the transition was as seamless as possible. There were a few hiccups, but mostly the transitions were successful.
Thank you. Once the conversion is settled down, I'll properly introduce myself. I appear with the software and try to get things running smoothly. But I really like the projects and posts I've seen in the threads I've checked on. Very talented group here.

MikeK

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you. Once the conversion is settled down, I'll properly introduce myself. I appear with the software and try to get things running smoothly. But I really like the projects and posts I've seen in the threads I've checked on. Very talented group here.
It might be much better to NOT be a woodworker in order to be a great forum Administrator.

Droogs

Reaction score
With this transition/transformation does it mean that the other sections of the old site will be sorted back to working status and then added later?

Angie

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
With this transition/transformation does it mean that the other sections of the old site will be sorted back to working status and then added later?
What other sections? I need a bit specific information to be able to check on it.

And did you see your Avatar appeared?

Droogs

Reaction score
Yay, handsome as ever :)

On the old site build, we had sections that had work in progress write ups, how to lessons things like that. They weren't part of the forum section per say, but independent sections within the site where members could publish things that were a little too big for a forum thread post. I must admit they haven't been working for a long time but it would be amazing if they were brought back to life if possible

Last edited: