tips on setting up a used kity 419

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graycbr

Established Member
Reaction score
hi guys
Picked up a S/H Kity 419 over the weekend . :)
Any tips for checking & setting up the full kit ..
Had a five minute play with it & the sliding table is a few mm below main table ..
So going to strip in down & give it a full service so need any tips on resetting the full kit ..
Any views or tips would be a great help .
Oh the tables on the saw is it powercoated mine got a few marks on it ??

i think it is probably annodised. you can shim the long extrusion that the carriage runs on with some washers between that and the arm. dont worry about marks as long as nothing snags on the way over. if it does, remove those bits with some wet and dry.

brilliant saw. Dust extraction is very poor though. I've recently gone to town on mine and blocked every hole going and it makes a massive difference. DO you have a dust extractor?

mickthetree":pecdenz6 said:
brilliant saw. Dust extraction is very poor though. I've recently gone to town on mine and blocked every hole going and it makes a massive difference. DO you have a dust extractor?
any pictures or guides ?
:lol: next on the list

On mine that I bought from a forum member who had done some great mods, is a hopper replacing the floor pan, all the holes have been blocked up with hardboard stuck on with hot melt glue so easy to remove if needed and a zero insert plate from thinnish ply.

I also have two blades, one cross cut one rip and try to change them in line with what I am cutting (but don't always succeed if in a rush).

The blade tilt and rise and fall is not as good as the Axminster TS200 and on mine is quite stiff so I need to get inside to give the mechanism a good clean.

But

It's a great hobby saw that is very accurate and does everything I need.

I did buy a tenoning jig but needed to make a new T bar to run in the T channel as it is not a standard size.

Overall I am very pleased.

Mick

Mick, mine was stiff when I got it. I used PTFE spray and it runs very smoothly now.

I had used silicon spray on some other screws in the workshop, but I would recommend you steer clear of that stuff. PTFE is the stuff to use.

why is there two diff measurements on fence , my fence is set to bottom set at zero to the blade (right hand side)

graycbr":vhzq8djw said:
why is there two diff measurements on fence , my fence is set to bottom set at zero to the blade (right hand side)

Of the top of my head, isn't it because you can undo the bolt that holds the fence extrusion on and reverse it, depending on whether you want a tall fence or a short one... and since each side is a different distance from the clamp, you need the two measurements on the tape? I seem to recall they have little icons of the extrusion profile to tell you which way around they are.

(This is going off the basis that the TS-200 - which I own - has to my understanding the same fence as the 419.)

Latest posts

Back