timelife (those really annoying ads on H&L)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kityuser

Established Member
Reaction score
I know this is really sad, and I`m probably going to get slated (badly :0 ) but i got suckered into buying some books from timelife books (custom woodworking)

They`re 20 pounds a month, every month and you can stop your subscription at anytime (unlike companies such as britannia where you have to buy a set number of items before you can cancel your membership), I`ve got 11 out of the 20 peice set

well.... suprisingly they`re REALLY good (in my opinion).
Clear diagrams, good shop jigs, and basically all of the plans (that you have to pay 5 pounds each for) on woodsmith.com

well worth the money ! :)

Yeah,

I ordered one (after seeing the ad on H&L) a couple of years ago. They sent me about 3 until I cancelled it and sent the last one back..

The two I got now are good books and I still read them. :D

Steven

I agree with Charley - reading those Time-Life books is nothing to be ashamed of, and as you say, the plans can be pretty useful. Some of the stuff in "The Home Workshop" volume from their "Custom Woodworking" series shamed me into building some projects for my workshop.

So read on, and hold your head up high! (if you use bifocals, like me, it's the only way you can see the page anyway ...) :lol:

eeyore

Can you just send one book back if its not needed and still get the rest or do you have to stop them all together and dose anyone have the shop tips and jigs book that they have on there adds, it looks good i quite often make my own for somthing and half way through using it think if only i had built it this way or that it would be so mutch better :x
Mick

mick:
I`m pretty sure you can still receive books after you sent one back.

I have the shop tips and jigs, Its very good with clear plans and tips for getting good results (mostly common sense stuff.... but I`m always being told by family that I have no common sense!!!!! not old enough yet :lol: )

anyhow I thoughly suggest getting it, IF not which jigs was it that you were interested in.....

copyright disclaimer -> not saying that I`d ever copy the book, but i could send you an email "describing in depth with pictures" the books content.... if you catch my drift :D

Mick

Steven is quite correct. Their terms say specifically ...

"You keep only the ones you like, and there's no minimum to buy."

eeyore

Thanks for that it sounds good :D
Steven, thanks but there wasnt any perticular one that i was after, I am thinking of remaking most of my jigs as iam sure they could all be better. :cry: . May have a word with big brother as he is after building his own workshop this year and get the set (or at least some of them) between us. We go to the exibitions together and save on clamps etc by buying in bulk, got meself a new strait edge clamp last year from the woocut stand he desided to wate a few months and get it direct from them oops :cry: :cry:
Thanks again for your help
MICK

Latest posts

Back