time for reorganising the work shop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mac1012

Established Member
Reaction score
i am on annual leave this week so i am spending a bit of time sorting out my workshop (shed) before the autum surge of work.

my shed is only 8x6 i have a ax bandsaw , a hegner scroll saw a sanding area for makita sander and a bench drill press

i have just ordered a axminster bench mounted belt and disk sander with assortment of belts and disks , a woodwork apron some ear plugs some new sanding pads for makita some shelving and tool holders , and ive just ordered a new tuff saw bandsaw blade.

im also making sure i got room for my next two purchases which is a table for sanding area and a chop saw, so as you can see quite a challenge to fit in but i have come up with a plan which will make it all workable by utilising what space i have and getting rid of a lot of rubbish !!

the items i have purchased today are designed to make production easier and quicker and to utilise my space more (getting organised)

Now to get in there and start cleaning and sorting ..... i will post some pictures when i have started and keep you updated !

Mark

Sounds like a very exciting time for you Mark.
You must be in your element making so many changes and I hope you manage to arrange everything to your satisfaction.
Looking forward to the pics.

Would love to see pictures, I too work in an 8 x 6 shed at home, and have real trouble fitting in, my latest answer to the problem is to build a bigger shed, but if you manage to fit in your shed I may be able to squeeze into mine.

~Nil carborundum illegitemi~

IMG_1469 (640x480).jpg

thanks for the encouragement guys, as you can see stil in a state of flux , i have cleared the back wall of a huge free standing storage unit that was taking up far to much space, that area is earmarked for a future sanding area , so the items i to fit in are a hegner scroll saw an ax bandsaw , pillar drill, ax sanding machine and to leave enough space for a bench mounted chop saw , a space on the wall to fix a small routering table with a jig for routering my rockers for rocking horse , you think it can be done in an 8x6 ? i hope so !! with my calculations it can i will upload pics later with the new layout and how it all fits in :roll:

Attachments

• IMG_1469 (640x480).jpg
    IMG_1469 (640x480).jpg
    194.7 KB · Views: 732
Back