Time for a rebrand ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thingybob

If it aint broke dont fix it
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Does anyone think its time POUNDLAND changed its name to ANYTHINGBUTAPOUNDLAND or ASHOPLAND , I used to tell my modeling buddies what a fantastic amount of modelers sundries you could get for a pound ,Epoxy resin ,600 mm rulers etc not any more (Another one bites the dust )

They could do what shops always do when faced with cost pressures - make the product smaller.

9 inch rulers may become sought after measuring tools. £1 tubes of hardener and resin sold separately - you just buy 2 for a full set. Packets of 3 screws to fit 1 hinge at a time etc etc.

poundland are good for reading glasses, (at a pound it doesnt matter if they get damaged, i have managed to drive over two pairs with a forklift. can you imagine doing that with very expensive presciption glasses!). led light bulbs (one failure in six years). and surprisingly pva glue

I remember my father telling me of Woolworths before the war which was advertised as a 3d & 6d shop. Many of the more expensive items then started to appear in two parts at 6d each!!

So nothing new with Poundland doing the same!!

Phil

In terms of a product, a pound doesnt go far.... then theres the shipping, distribution, staff, store costs etc.... its amazing that anything could be a pound....

how much is the epoxy at poundland thesedays? I can afford £2 and need some more soon, cheers.

When shipping costs from China have more than quadrupled in the past 12 months it is little wonder that low value items have been disproportionately impacted.

how much is the epoxy at poundland thesedays? I can afford £2 and need some more soon, cheers.
Just been in WASNOTWAS LAND and the epoxy resin is still a pound so sorry for false news but better stock up before it does they are rebranding their diy bits the joke named ones have gone the same way as Tommy Walsh brand

Back