timber type

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ex-71

Established Member
Reaction score
I am looking to start a kitchen rebuild and was thinking of using Poplar to frame the units with MDF for panels - this was to be a painted finish.

I have been quoted (I think) a bit of a high price for the poplar, so, can anyone recommend a cheaper way (and does anyone have a current price for poplar 63x250mm section)?

steve

Errrr...... I've put my hands up, price is not over the top. In my own defense, I haven't bought anything for about 6 years and I was living abroad when I did, so it is my usual muppetry.

steve

Thats going to be a very chunky kitchen with 63x250 styles & rails.

Although Poplar paints well it can be a bit soft in a kitchen and will show dents on the corners before long, think about beech which is not too pricy.

J

No, no, no, stiles and rails about the 22mm mark - the 63x250 was merely for a price estimate for another part!

I take your point re the soft nature, but I have used it before for a kitchen and that was a good result with no prob's - although we sold the house a couple of years later.

steve

have a look at Sawdust's post on his new kitchen he has just made. Used Tulip wood and mdf and looks beautiful. :)

Back