timber supplies france

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

billydruce

Reaction score
hi, im traveling to the south of france next week, does anyone know the price of seasoned oak in, france compared to uk. does anyone know any stockist enroute callis to cannes. thanks

billydruce":3i0rn9v9 said:
hi, im traveling to the south of france next week, does anyone know the price of seasoned oak in, france compared to uk. does anyone know any stockist enroute callis to cannes. thanks
Hello, i do a lot of work in France around Brive La Gaillarde and find timber prices there more than double of those in the UK, It is available at a price but I got some old oak to repair a truss from an old retired joiner ,it was some he had in his yard and wanted it out of the way ,he didn't want anything for it but i forced 50€ on him, there was more than 1/2 m3 in total ,I know i paid way too much for it :wink:
Allan.

Don't know about dried prices but we have used these guys for green oak for oak frame buildings in the past. Their prices were very competitive, cheaper than buying it locally even after haulage. It has been a couple of years since I've used them as I relocated to Yorkshire. Don't know if it's a bit out of the way having never driven to Cannes before. The guy we dealt with was called Frederic (or what ever the equivalent French spelling is). They do have dry stock but I have no idea what size boards.

http://www.granvillebois.com/index.html

Back