• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Timber suppliers in the West Midlands

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Johnwa

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all, as I'm only an amateur manufacturer of sawdust and offcuts, I don't need and can't afford to buy hardwoods in large quantities. I have looked online but the delivery charges are more expensive than the timber! So, can anyone recommend a supplier, either a shop or a timber yard that sells PAR hardwood by the metre, here in the West Midlands. Preferably within a 20 mile radius of Wolverhampton.

Rorton

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive bought from Sherwin timber in the past, based in Eccleshall just outside Stafford. They do have an eBay shop so you can see what they have, and do allow collection. (Or did pre COVID)
ive had par walnut from them in the past and it was reasonably priced.

Noho12C

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Shelmore timber near stafford - prices are good and staff very helpful

Edit : they dont sell PAR

Noho12C

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
you can have a look at great barr sawmill

They have a random selection of hardwood, and can mill your stock (for free if i recall correctly)

Johnwa

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks blokes,looks like a ride to Gt Barr first thats the nearest and then out to Stafford and then try Wythall as thats the most awkward for me. Thanks all for replying.
John

Noho12C

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
How long have these been in business for? I only live a few miles away from them and didn't know they exist.
Do they sell small quantities?
i'm not sure, i think they used to be more focused on woodland management and developed their sawmill operations a few years back.
They sell for sure small quantities. I got from them American white oak and poplar, and the stock was really great.