Timber merchants, Peak District area...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

goldeneyedmonkey

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

Does anyone know of any decent timber merchants in or near the Peak District? A small, preferably family run business would be my preference. Don't mind travelling a while for the right place.

Thanks in advance. _Dan.

If your in Buxton you could try Nigel Griffiths, although not a timber merchant he makes a great deal of furniture out of pippy/quartersawn oak and could probably spare a couple of cube, he's also a lovely chap and educational to talk to

To find him take the A515 from Buxton twds Ashbourne, turn down the Via Gellia towards Cromford and he's on the left in Grangemill

Did this thread change whilst i was typing or am i loosing my mind (and probably the right answer)

I'm sure the OP was inquiring about 2 cube of Pippy Oak

Haha, yes I was! Not to worry, your mind is fully intact :) I changed it to be a more general enquiry as the timber I need is just for an accent to a bigger piece. So doesn't necessarily need to be Pippy Oak.

But thank you all the same for the concise reply, yes I am in Buxton. I will go and look him up.

Thanks _Dan.

Latest posts

Back