Timber Merchants Bury area

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andy1989

Reaction score
Can anyone one recommend a decent timber merchant around the Bury or Ramsbottom area?

Thank

I have, but i cant see anything in there at all for the manchester or Lancashire area.

If you are after hardwood, British Hardwoods at Crosshills, twixt Skipton and Keighley, is only 45 mins from Ramsbottom. Pleasant drive over the Pennines.

Google maps shows them as flooring sales but they are far more than that.

Treestation in Gorton are good, highly recommended, good prices and lots of different hardwoods to choose from.

Treestation in Gorton are good, highly recommended, good prices and lots of different hardwoods to choose from.

Dragging this thread up because I just stumbled across Treestation's website. Have you bought from them? The prices look really good.

Dragging this thread up because I just stumbled across Treestation's website. Have you bought from them? The prices look really good.

yes I have, they are usually good but it was hard work getting through to them last time I phoned, but it was the second lockdown then, I hope they improve their customer service skills a little bit, they never got back to me but they might be ok if you organise a visit, they told me they are running on massively reduced staff at the moment, the quality of the wood is excellent, I recommend you take a block plane though so you can see the grain underneath, prices are really good, I've not been though since summer last year but plan on going again.

Last edited:
Timber place in Heywood has alot of reclaimed timber might be ok if your not too picky???

Cheers James

Latest posts

Back