Tilting table Inca.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy69

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I've just recently discovered Inca table saws and have become rather smitten by them. The Universal and the Major(which I'm interested in) both have tilting tables. I can't really find any examples of these machines cutting with the tables tilted. Does anyone on here have experience with these models and the pro's and cons of tilting tables? Thanks

Yes I have both the bandsaw and the universal saw. Both work with tilting tables, and if you put the fence downhill of the blade it is quite satisfactory. The tilt does work, though I must say the trunnions and clamp are not the best design feature of what are otherwise extremely well designed machines. I had to shim the trunnions of my saw to make it lock firmly, but it does so now. The main problem with tilting tables is that they are not suitable for heavy pieces of timber. But these saws are not designed for that, rather for complex and accurate operations on relatively lightweight sections. For example, 2 x 1 yes fine, 4 x 4 not when tilted. Hope this helps. I love the Inca machines.

I don't have my Inca Major anymore, sold it a few months ago, but I never used the saw tilted, didn't really feel comfortable cutting that way. But if you're careful you can cut thinner pieces in the way @MusicMan described. There is really no pro regarding tilting of the table I can think of, only the downside of more risky cuts. Other than that it's a great machine though.

Yes I have both the bandsaw and the universal saw. Both work with tilting tables, and if you put the fence downhill of the blade it is quite satisfactory. The tilt does work, though I must say the trunnions and clamp are not the best design feature of what are otherwise extremely well designed machines. I had to shim the trunnions of my saw to make it lock firmly, but it does so now. The main problem with tilting tables is that they are not suitable for heavy pieces of timber. But these saws are not designed for that, rather for complex and accurate operations on relatively lightweight sections. For example, 2 x 1 yes fine, 4 x 4 not when tilted. Hope this helps. I love the Inca machines.
Thanks. When you say 'put the fence downhill of the blade' is this so that the waste doesn't fall towards the blade? Because that does seem to be quite worrying. Also, the blade height is determined by the table height. I'm guessing this makes the idea of in and outfeed table redundant? I'd like to be able to make medium sized furniture, boxes and cases like this on it
12u-eurorack-case.jpg

I have a track saw for breaking sheets down but I will need to do a fair bit of beveled edges. Maybe it's not the best option. I do like it's footprint and reputation for accuracy though.

The fence position is so that the work rests on the fence and doesn't risk dropping into the blade. But the tilt only goes one way to this may not suit all pieces. However, your sort of work pieces do not look too heavy and you would find the slotting/jointing capabilities useful if you have the accessories. The mitre fence and wide cutters are particularly good. There's even a nice dado head. You'll need the bandsaw as well to cut the curved sides!

Do what you can to find the mitre gauge. It's an odd trapezoidal shape slide and standard ones won't fit. When you find one though, it works very well with a positive location.

PS it is worth trying to find a saw with as many of the accessories as possible. These are described in the manual (attached). There is also an excellent guide to what you can do with the saw at

Attachments

• kreissaege_universal.pdf
    7.7 MB · Views: 7
PS it is worth trying to find a saw with as many of the accessories as possible. These are described in the manual (attached). There is also an excellent guide to what you can do with the saw at

Thanks. I did find a universal for sale but it's so incomplete and corroded that I don't think it's worth the bother. And I just missed out on a really nice example by a few days. I'm sure something will turn up. There's loads available in Switzerland funnily enough.

Latest posts

Back