Tile Trim

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phil p

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

got to tile a wall in the kitchen with a window that I want to use trim on the edges.

What side do you fix it to, or does it even matter?

I was thinking of putting the flat side in the reveal?, would this be O.K.?

Ive also got some of those ends to fit in the trim instead of cutting mitres for the corners, however I'm having real bother working it out how they go, even though they just push in the end of the trim, sounds easy but it's not really, this is why I'm really asking on which way the trim fits in the window .

Any ideas? also any tips in general on fixing this would also be appreciated.

Thanks

I tile the main wall first making sure the opening you leave is square (reveals may be off) Then tile the reveal with the flat of the trim against the reveal.

I think you will find your corner pieces are meant to be used for external corners, internal are usually mitred.

Thanks for the the info Jason.

Daft question then.

This would be an an external corner I'm doing and I bought these so save me doing mitres, even on the packet it say they're for external corners so why wouldn't they work and having to cut mitres?

Must admit though, even the diagram on the packet shows as though the 2 pieces and the end are lying on a worktop.

They also look as though they can be used for a 3 way corner joint aswell.

Have I got the wrong corners?

Just that I know if I mitre the trim I'll have to be spot on with the cutting so I'd rather use these push in ends if I could.

Thanks

The junction at the reveal and lintel is an internal angle which is where an internal corner would be used if you could get them.

The actual reveal/wall junction is the External corner which is where you are getting confused, its not the corner the edge is used on but the angle of the corner where two trims meet.

Back