tile on wood

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paulc

Established Member
Reaction score
Not strictly a wood work question but I need to stick some tile onto mdf & wood , would a normal grout /polyfiller work or is there a good way to do it? Also does anyone know a cheap way to seal / make mdf waterproof ?
Sent back that dodgy plug cutter and got a Talatools one, works well , thanks for the advice.

I have just done this very thing well about a year ago :wink:

I firstly laid marine ply over the floorboards held in place with galvanised nails, this levelled the floor and helped to reduce the movement the tiles would see.
Where the ply crossed concrete the ply was laid with impact adhesive.

The tile were laid with a flexible adhesive sold under the Dunlop Trade Name( the rest escapes me) and grouted with a flexible grout (same trade name as adhesive).
The tile also crossed a patch of flooring grade chipboard (moisture resistant) the above flexible adhesive was used directly on top of the chipboard.

I have had no problems with cracking of the grout or tiles lifting. If you ask in a good tile shop/supplier they will point you in the direction of the Adhesive and Grout whose name escapes me. :D

Bean

Back