Tight as a duck

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrPhill

Cyber Heretic
Reaction score
There is no 'Tight as a duck' sub forum - so maybe folks here do not penny pinch or maybe they use this forum....

Anyway, the unseasonally dry weather made collecting the recent rainfall a good idea. I needed some water but linkers, but at a fiver a go this seemed unreasonable.

Then the hose on our shower head started leaking..... well you can guess the rest. A cheap replacement hose (£2.88gbp inc P&P) repaired the shower, and the old hose made two - yes two - water butt linkers (sealed at the high end, dropping into the next butt down). A sixteen mm hole in the plastic butt is just small enough to make a tight seal round the hose end. The flange keeps the end inside the butt.

The ironic thing is that I would never have thought of buying a shower hose and butchering it to make two cheap water-butt connectors. Life is odd sometimes.

Now, what to do with the two chrome nuts left over?

If its anything like my shower hose, keep them to go with the next two you will get when you replace the new hose in a couple of months time :roll:

Latest posts

Back