Thumbs up Axminster - Bog Off Rutlands :-)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sgian Dubh":3erwlm7y said:
Rutlands in this thread have pretty much got their backside burnt. I've never purchased anything from them, but I have dealt with Axminster several times, sometimes to the tune of several thousands of pounds worth.

I just wonder if someone from Rutlands is looking in and going, "Oooh, Ouch. Not really fair."? Slainte.

I don't think Rutlands can argue with the range of experiences on this forum - in particular the taking of your money on the day of the order irrespective of dispatch date. That sort of thing has to be down to their sales/business policy, which presumably means they're unlikely to change it.

That's fair enough, I will just not shop with them again (and yes, in my case it's cost them thousands - my recent batch of Scheppach orders went to D&M instead of Rutlands because of this policy - who incidentally give top notch service, and can do it without taking your money first)..

Martin.

Sgian Dubh":qkp44lwe said:
I wonder how many suppliers watch woodworking forums to see who's bitching and whining about suppliers,their equipment, delivery dates, wrongly charged credit cards, etc.

And from that, how many take note and modify their approach to sales and customer problems?
You're not the only one to wonder that. I hope they check to see who, and what, gets praised too. We're fortunate in just how many suppliers do take the time to participate on this forum, and we try to treat them as fairly as possible. I can't help but think they get some pretty good, unbiased customer feedback from this group, so it's not just us who benefit. :D

Sgian Dubh":qkp44lwe said:
I just wonder if someone from Rutlands is looking in and going, "Oooh, Ouch. Not really fair."?
All new members welcome... :wink:

Cheers, Alf

Martin":2cbq6mkt said:
Sgian Dubh":2cbq6mkt said:
That's fair enough, I will just not shop with them again (and yes, in my case it's cost them thousands - my recent batch of Scheppach orders went to D&M instead of Rutlands because of this policy - who incidentally give top notch service, and can do it without taking your money first)..

Martin.

I bought one thing once from Rutlands and following the bad press here and my usual luck with retailers, I won't buy from them.
I generally buy from Axminster as I like the service and when I get the inevitable problems, they sort them out for me. I have also used Kendal Too on a couple of occasions recently and they gave first class service.
I must also admit to being influenced by Terry to buy the Chestnut products and not regretting it. Actually on the last one there, I tried Chestnut's products because Terry is such a nice chap who is so willing to help that I thought I could return the favour. See, being nice does work. :D

Back