Threaded small boxes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

La Truciolara

Established Member
Reaction score
a 6 cm threaded box. It took ages to do it...
a09mqx.jpg

a09p8j.jpg

that's excellent La Truciolara :D
i particularly like the detailing on the top - it looks like a laurel wreath pattern to me - how was that done?

jim

blurk99":13sps5ci said:
that's excellent La Truciolara :D
i particularly like the detailing on the top - it looks like a laurel wreath pattern to me - how was that done?

jim
These are "vibrations" that I do with a piece of alternative saw blade mounted on a metal support. The longer the blade is the more space there are between vibrations.
Then you can use your fantasy by changing the shape of the blade (pointed, circled, right...).
as you can see it is easyer for me to do it than to explain it. :wink:

Lovely box. how did you cit the thread if you don't mind me asking? I thought this was kind of hard to do on a wood turning lathe.

Les

Les Mahon":2y0jbq5d said:
Lovely box. how did you cit the thread if you don't mind me asking? I thought this was kind of hard to do on a wood turning lathe.

Les

The thread is really difficult if you use the usual threading chisel that you can find on any catalogue. I guess you need 25 years practicing prior to have a correct thread.
I use a machine that I constructed in wood similar to the one sold by Bonnie Klein.
http://www.bonnieklein.com/product_php_based1.htm

FInally got a chance to snoop around here in the turning section

La Truciolara
Thats a great looking lathe in your avatar. Do you use it :?:

The lathe is like the scroll saw to me. I know enough to get what I need
done but thats about it.
Some nice stuff on here.

SlimShavings":23qzhnw5 said:
La Truciolara
Thats a great looking lathe in your avatar. Do you use it :?:

Yes I do, any now and then, but only on demonstration of old machines. Modern ones are sooooo much better :wink:

Latest posts

Back