Thoughts on how to make shaker style built in wardrobe doors

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silentsam

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking to make some shaker style wardrobe doors. I'm just started doing some drawings and plans to see what the options are.

What is the best way to make the doors?

I was thinking of getting some 3x1 (local place has some nice 69x20mm pine) for the frame, pocket hole the corners, make a 6mm groove for the panels and slide some 5.5mm hardwood ply (or MDF maybe?) in.

Would really love some feedback on this idea and any suggestions from those who have built them before.

Thanks

Hi and welcome to the forum, The best advice I can give is to look up Peter Millard on Youtube. He has a series on door making which was hiis bread and butter business for many years

Panel doors are best made with 18mm or 22mm MRMDF with 12mm or 15mm thick panels.

Some will go for thinner panels, personally I think that looks too heavy.

James’s suggested viewing is a good plan

Aidan

Hi and welcome to the forum, The best advice I can give is to look up Peter Millard on Youtube. He has a series on door making which was hiis bread and butter business for many years
Looks like I need to buy myself a router table 😅

A bit of MFC and some screws will allow you to make a temporary table that will do this entire job. A good router table takes away needing to make one each time
Aidan

Latest posts

Back