Those splendid folks at Lee Valley...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyG

Established Member
Reaction score
Just thought I'd put in a good word for those at Lee Valley.

I've just returned from the states with a couple of Veritas shoulder planes. The people at Lee Valley were VERY helpful in organising for the order to be sent to my hotel and being specially checked over beforehand.

Managed to save myself a fair bit of cash too. So anyone else thinking of using the good exchange rate to their advantage whilst abroad, I'd say you're pretty safe doing it with LV.

Andy

Nice one, Andy. It's almost worth getting a bucket shop seat and flying over just to purchase some goodies.

Hope the excess baggage fee wasn't too horrific :wink:

Roger

Funny you should mention that, my friend has just returned from the states carrying a very fine Large shoulder plane from Lie Nielsen, I ordered it on line to be delivered to her hotel and after a couple of cock ups from yours truely, the guys at LN bent over backwards to sort everything out. Plus I save myself a pile of cash into the bargain.

I was in Calgary in Canada about 2 months ago, and took a cab from my hotel to the Lee Valley shop. Went armed with a shopping list as long as your arm, & got almost all on my list, It was a bit like an upmarket Argos with most of the stock on display in the shop and a very helpful (and knowledgeable) assistant at the counter who collected up all the bits I wanted from the store out the back.
I saved 34% on UK prices after my tax refund from the Canadian Government- I have had that cheque through the post since I have been back.... All very efficient!

I think its worth pointing out however the Brimarc prices are in my opinion very reasonable considering Brimarc have to add import duty & VAT onto the Canadian prices.

Mike-W

can i just add my thanks to the nice folks at lee valley ,and yes i did try to buy my eb3 in the uk but it was like ](*,) ,so thank you lee valley,ps i got a tools catalogue as well, peep, peep.

Back