This Year's Secret Santa

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dh7892

Established Member
Reaction score
Even though I've not (yet) taken part in one, I always enjoy seeing the Secret Santa results.

Given the time that it takes to organise/make things, I thought it's worth seeing if anyone is going to start the ball rolling.

Waka did a fantastic job last year. Is he up for a repeat? Or do we need to find a new organiser?

Sorry if this has already been discussed and I missed the post but I don't want it to get too late to sort out.

Cheers,

Dave

I don't think I'm going to be able to take part this year :( as the 'shop is being re-organised and will be in a bit of state by Christmas - Rob

Im pretty sure waka iis the boss man. And im pretty sure he wont have forgotten. Usually kicks off in october i think. Im looking forward to it. Got some good ideas.

Adidat

woodbloke":31exp315 said:
I don't think I'm going to be able to take part this year :( as the 'shop is being re-organised and will be in a bit of state by Christmas - Rob

What, will there be a woodshaving on the floor?

Aidan

TheTiddles":1ihnpxfc said:
woodbloke":1ihnpxfc said:

Aidan
Possibly even two, Aiden and a bit of sawdust :( - Rob

A lack of workshop is no excuse, I knocked this up in an hour sitting at my desk.

spoon.jpg

It might be interesting to see what a highly skilled woodie can come up with when placed outside his comfort zone and subjected to the workshopless status that many newbies find themselves in.

matthewwh":ryhw5onu said:
A lack of workshop is no excuse, I knocked this up in an hour sitting at my desk.

spoon.jpg

It might be interesting to see what a highly skilled woodie can come up with when placed outside his comfort zone and subjected to the workshopless status that many newbies find themselves in.
Matt, I can't possibly see how you made all three of those carving tool thingies just using that wooden spoon :lol: - Rob

So what are the usual rules for a secret santa giving and receiving or other?

Also do anyone on here make any toys or things for over the christmas period for hospitals or charity's that can go to needy children or children or others who will miss christmas or not have one this year and what is the groups favourite charity apart from the one that begins at home.
Thanks tim

woodbloke":3ob1q7au said:
TheTiddles":3ob1q7au said:
woodbloke":3ob1q7au said:

Aidan
Possibly even two, Aiden and a bit of sawdust :( - Rob

That's a man outside his comfort zone...

woodbloke":1l4vdj7f said:
matthewwh":1l4vdj7f said:

spoon.jpg

Matt, I can't possibly see how you made all three of those carving tool thingies just using that wooden spoon :lol: - Rob

Easy, take one wooden spoon, apply repeatedly to back of master toolmaker's head and repeat "make me some lovely hand forged spooncarving knives please" over and over again until he does it!

Yep I'm up for it, didn't see this post before I posted the rules; been away for a while. Anyway I thought an earlier start this year to give people more time to finish their gifts, if I remember correctly we only had a couple that were delivered late, lets see if we can get 1005 on time this year.

A thread has been started so get your names down.

Latest posts

Back