This weekends twizzelings...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikNak

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, this is what i've been busy twizzeling this weekend...... (hammer) (hammer)

A nice little box out of Zebrano...

IMG_0720Copy.jpg

IMG_0721Copy.jpg

IMG_0722Copy.jpg

A little box out of yew...

IMG_0700Copy.jpg

IMG_0703Copy.jpg

A 'tooth pick' box out of a piece of the burr oak that i was lucky enough to win in the recent pen competition...

IMG_0706Copy.jpg

IMG_0712Copy.jpg

IMG_0704Copy.jpg

And lastly a small sewing needle storage box from a piece of Ropala lacewood, again that was part of the pen making prize...

IMG_0715Copy.jpg

IMG_0718Copy.jpg

IMG_0705Copy.jpg

As usual all comments welcomed....

Nick

All the boxes are stunning. =D> I really like the Ropala Lacewood, its really interesting

Cheers Dave

Nick , boxes are superb lovely shapes and very well finished ,
Where do you get the fittings from .
May try some of those . Thank you for showing.

Boysie, i get them from Turners Retreat (they seem to be the best prices... unless anyone knows different...)

They come in 3 sizes, 20mm 30mm and 40mm (all approx btw), and i've used each size in the boxs posted.

Depending on what it is you're making i find them a great alternative to 'push-fit' boxs.

Give them a go.... i did, and now i'm hooked :lol:

Nick

NikNak":1her6anq said:
Boysie, i get them from Turners Retreat (they seem to be the best prices... unless anyone knows different...)
They come in 3 sizes, 20mm 30mm and 40mm (all approx btw), and i've used each size in the boxs posted.
Depending on what it is you're making i find them a great alternative to 'push-fit' boxs.
Give them a go.... i did, and now i'm hooked :lol:
Nick
How do you retain the fittings, Nick ? are they glued (and if so with what), or a press-fit ?

Thanks Nick ,looks as if they would solve my problems with boxes ,either too tight or too loose . :roll: :oops: :lol:
Wood/M has asked the next question for me . :lol:

Hey Mr Mangler.....

Yes they're glued in and my choice is superglue. I find its best to seal the wood after making sure you have a nice snug fit, and then buff the sealer. I'm no expert on just how ca works but have found that on bare wood it tends to just soak into the wood and leave a far less effective bonding surface.

Word of warning.... when fitting them tho... they can go from a tight not-quite-fitting fit (hammer) to a sloppy fit with just a shaving too much taken off :(

Give it a go.... i did (homer)

Nick

Thems the ones.... (homer)

I had the same problem with finding them on their new website.... so had to resort to ringing up... :?

N

Back