This puts the Virus into the shadows

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Its the size of the population and all the junk we run on electricity which is the problem.

I've taken the tumble dryer off the wife, along with her heated rollers.
I've made a start.

Worst one ever I nearly got stuck in one of the middle lanes and couldn't cross back to get to the exit, with huge wagons passing on either side. Big roundabouts with fast traffic are not bike friendly!
Since then I've occasionally got off and pushed around roundabouts like that, or pedalled cautiously around the outer edge, making a dash across the exits.

For years here before I moved, I lived close to a slow traffic combo use area. I rode a bike about 80 miles a week. Great.

Took the bike back to where my parents live and I swear (rural area where they don't like seeing bikes on roads with nearly no shoulder) I felt the breeze off of every car mirror that went by and each was unsettling.

Boss at my first job had to head to the center of the state as his triathlete brother was out riding and knocked off (deceased). Drunk driver (as a kid, we used to assume the roads were unsafe friday and saturday night, but we weren't drunks and couldn't fathom the idea that drunks drank during the day mid-week).

The more avid bikers here get more and more bold riding in areas not really suited because they're zoned in on their exercise, etc. Accident near here not that long ago - driver was high on heroin, cyclist killed.

Probably more dangerous mile per mile, but these stories are fairly rare.

Back