This is not a political comment

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this must have been said in a lot of boardrooms .we are not getting enough passengers and are losing money .a bright spark says i know why dont we put the fares up and get more money .12 months later in the same board room .

frank

After reading what you folks pay, I guess I have no reason to complain (I still will though!). I have a rather large vehicle. A 2000 Ford 7 passanger Expidition. It has a 4.6 liter engine. This year I have to pay $103 US for my registration on it for the year. Minnesota has a slidding scale based on the price of the vehicle new (MSRP, not what you really paid). Every year it goes down some until you get to $70.

Lee -what do you do ?
When I was a long-distance lorry driver I used to do 120,000km/yr
You are doing more than that in cars Shocked

Andrew

Ha Ha, I wish I was a joyrider -it would be better than my job. I'm an Engineer/the Sales Manager for http://www.synel.co.uk

I just do a lot of travelling to get to sales appointments/breakdowns. fortunately with the advances in technology I can fix a lot of things from home now. My mileage is definitely coming down, In 2005 I only managed 86k. Longest Day so far this year was Manchester to Dounraey Power Station and Back . 23 hours non stop, I was there 10 minutes - a network card had come loose! unfortunately I am not protected by a Tacho :cry:

i HATE Driving :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Although I still LOVE riding Bikes :D :D :D

Syntec4.

That was a short day. Back in the eighties I did Bournemouth to St.Ives (Cornwall) and back 3 times without a break and loaded and unloaded around 90 cwt. About 36 hours. Thats why I do very little mileage these days, I have had enough of going through all those seaside towns in the West Country :)

Back