This is modern DIYing ...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ouch !! -- had to switch off
Their voices grate on my listening nerves

I shouldn't laugh but I think most of us know someone like that - a dozen jobs on the go and none of them completed and the bits that have been done haven't been done properly.

That custom table would annoy me - why wasn't the steel inset into the wood so it was flush? It'll just stop the table being used for anything that needs a large flat surface...

She's pretty, but..... a 10k dollar problem in the bathroom??? Due to possibly a piece of damp plasterboard? Eh?
The steel definately needed to be flush 😳

Don't you just love the clueless presenters in these programs. The rare moments when they've been entrusted with a calking gun, or some no skill item. Or they stand all businesslike, watching the pro's doing the fitting while sporting what looks to be a fresh out the bag pair of work gloves 🤣

Heirloom quality table...Surely that steel plate (good idea for hot pans straight to table) should have been recessed!!! Probably stuck on with "sticks like dung"

Good lord!

Presenter: “Did you know your electrical panel was not grounded?”
Guy: “Yes, I disconnected it when working on the sprinklers”.

Presenter looking at a partly demolished wall: “Is this wall load bearing?”
Guy: “I don’t know”.
It was.

Darwin award territory here.

I think (hope really) most people realize they are completely inept before it gets that far.

I actually expect it was all staged any way.

I called a friend years ago to do an electrical job. He did it and said Phil, you could have done that. I said John, I could have - but I wasn't 100% sure. Fair enough, he said, good call. I've always found the first rule of DIY (and I did maintenance work on old buildings for a couple of decades) to be if you're uncertain, call someone else.
I remember in my first house taking out a partition that shouldn't have been load bearing and sticking acrows in just to be sure. It was. Four joists had rotted to the point they ended a foot from the wall.

Last edited:
Heirloom quality table...Surely that steel plate (good idea for hot pans straight to table) should have been recessed!!! Probably stuck on with "sticks like dung"
The presenter does actually ask the carpenter to recess it into the table so who knows why he didn't, not like it would have been a hard or long task to route out, clean the corners and drop it in.

Latest posts

Back